Recording

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peter
    peter
    Participant

Hi there
    I have a ILIVE 144 + IDR10 plus a T112+ IDR 16. Both IDRs have the MADI card, so I can use that like monitors/FOH desk. I record by a PC with NUENDO and a RME pci card inside. The system working very well. The only problem is thai I don’t have a long (100 m) double video cable, so I am forced to place the PC close the IDRs on stage. The question is: If I buy a DIGIGRAM LX6464 (Ethersound PCI Card)can I connect directly to ILIVE 144 surface ethersound Port B, by way I can control the PC by myself in FOH place?

Profile photo of toneheads
    toneheads
    Participant

Make it easy.. Place the recording PC near to your Racks. Then use a second pc or a laptop for e.x. to remote your recording pc. you can use the network connection at your surface for this task.

cheers frank

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I’m having good success controlling multiple apps on my ‘stage’ laptop using Windows 7 Pro’s remote desktop (as soon as they release the Dante card I’ll be triggering my recording system this way too) – I’d imagine remote control would be preferable (and less problematic) than long cable runs?

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of peter
    peter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by peter

Hi there
    I have a ILIVE 144 + IDR10 plus a T112+ IDR 16. Both IDRs have the MADI card, so I can use that like monitors/FOH desk. I record by a PC with NUENDO and a RME pci card inside. The system working very well. The only problem is thai I don’t have a long (100 m) double video cable, so I am forced to place the PC close the IDRs on stage. The question is: If I buy a DIGIGRAM LX6464 (Ethersound PCI Card)can I connect directly to ILIVE 144 surface ethersound Port B, by way I can control the PC by myself in FOH place?

Thank’ a lot to everybody. I forgot that the magic machine(ILIVE) get a wonderful network system, and I set a second PC (laptop) at FOH with VNC software, and it works perfectly. Thank you gentlemen.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

remote desktop/VNC is my new favorite thing ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.