touchscreen Brightness

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions touchscreen Brightness

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bucks bucks 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Hi,

I recently purchased an R72 an i noticed a large difference in brightness between my older T112 an the new R72. Lets say 3 times brighter on the R72. Has anyone noticed the same.
    I hadn’t problems with visibility so far but wondered if my T122 screen has a problem.
    the pots are both full on. I thought it was maybe because on the R72 you actually use the screen intensively so they made it brighter.
    thanks

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Lieven I noticed the same thing with my R72/T112. Could be a different model screen used on later iLive units? I would also like my T112 screen to be able to be as bright as the R72 for use in daylight conditions. A&H ?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

count me in, we have the 144 wich costs money(!) i dont mind spending some more to have a better screenvisibility,
    how bout a update kit A&H ?

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Lieven

Yes there has been a change. We have implemented a new LED backlit touchscreen for the R72 in the design process, we have now also implemented this LED screen in all T and R series surfaces post R72 release.

Surfaces produced before the release of R72 will have the old Touchscreen.

There are no plans to support the new LED screen in the modular iLive unfortunatly. This is because it involves significant mechanical and PCB changes.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of JustinSumrall
    JustinSumrall
    Participant

Sam,

I have two T112’s. Can I buy replacement LED backlit screens or am I doomed to building cardboard houses around the screen to kill glare?

Justin Sumrall
    2-T112 2-IDR48

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Justin

We’re looking at both the mechanical and electrical compatibility between the older and newer touch screens at the moment, to determine which iLive family products could be upgraded.

Please bear with us for a few days and we’ll get back to you.

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of kjell@jll.no
    kjell@jll.no
    Participant

It would be good to know a guesstimate prize to change it as well :D

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hello All

Some more information for you all.

Like Sam said previously there has been a running change. Brighter screens are being phased into the iLive product family at present.

We’ve had a look at the mechanical and electrical compatibility, and an upgrade kit for older iLive and iLive T products will be available shortly.

The upgrade will need to be done at a service centre.

In terms of brightness the old screens were 250 nits (cd/m2), the new models are 450 nits. Just thought I’d point out there not 3x brighter, but they are “highbright” or sunlight readable.

As for the cost, sorry Kjell, I don’t have that information yet, but it will be a chargeable upgrade.

Anyone interested in an upgrade kit can contact Technical Support.

Thanks

Andy
    A&H

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.