Loading Layer view with show/scene

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Loading Layer view with show/scene

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of abstractnoise abstractnoise 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

Hi there

Another thread – sorry! Thought it would help anyone searching if there turn out to be answers…

I’m trying to save the Surface view to a recallable profile. Something like:

– Load profile
    – Desk comes up showing Layer A for both left and right fader blocks (I’m on a T80).

We’ve laid our desk out such that all key individual channels are on Bank 1 Layer A, and all key DCA’s are on Bank 2 Layer A (for easy group mixing). What we’d like is for a profile to load taking us immediately to that layer so a new user doesn’t have to know about layers to get some (useful) noise out of the machine.

Any takers?

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Chris

I suggest you first save a scene with the just the strip layout of all the layers you need to configure and edit the desk.

I then suggest that you save a new scene (e.g. named: Users) with the specific strip layout settings that you wish your users to use. save just the strip layout so no other setting are changed on the scene recall.

Now you should have 2 scenes 1 for configuring the desk with all strips available, and another scene which just recalls a specific surface layout that you wish your users to see.

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

abstractnoise
    Participant

Thanks, think I’d got that far already. What I’m confused about is how to make sure that it’s Layer A that shows on both banks whenever a scene is recalled. Presently if the desk was last looking at layer D before the recall is carried out, then the presets load and I’m still looking at layer D, albeit with whatever custom strip layout I saved.

How do I add layer view switching to the scene/show recall?

-unknown.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Chris

Ah! I see what you mean now!

I am afraid we currently do not have the ability to switch layers on a scene recall. I could only suggest that if you are only going to be using 1 layer at all times for the user then copy the same strip layout to all of the layers then it will not matter which layer you are on when the scene is recalled.

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

abstractnoise
    Participant

Sorry, meant to reply to this earlier.

No worries. In my dreamworld™ I had thought that defaulting settings like this would be helpful, but it turns out in the realworld™ our users can find their way around easily enough to not need that extra helping hand. Given that some of our users still can’t remember one end of a mic cable from another, I think that says something for the simplicity your system is capable of!

-unknown.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.