Cheap multi-tracking on the T series

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Cheap multi-tracking on the T series

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gilparente gilparente 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

Yes, Dante is coming, and I can’t wait. But until then, there’s a great way to track with the iDR 10, 32, and 48. Your probably thinking, “..this guy just found out about the MMO card..” which street value at about $600. Which meets all your Aviom/Hearback needs, and gives you 3- 8 channel ADAT ports. But if your like me, and 24 ADAT channels is not enough for tracking, and you don’t want to burn analog outputs, there is a CHEAP solution. Hear Technologies has a product out called the “Extreme Extender Out”. Which will covert the CAT5E signal out of the MMO Hearback port, to an 8 channel ADAT port. This easy, cheap solution is only about $70. Now you have your 32 channel ADAT solution. Until Dante…..

John
    eartsinc

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Hi John, yep – this one’s been raised before (including the hearback extended – cool idea), and it’s very valid, but realistically unless you already own an adat bridge etc the Dante still seems like the ‘cheap’ option… no soundcard, no converters, no hearback adapter, and 64 channels bi-directional… we’re all slobbering over Dante for good reason!!!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi John

As stated in the MMO manual and on the module front panel, the HearBus connections are for connection to a HearBus Hub. The Extender product is powered via the RJ45 socket, and the socket on the MMO card is not intended to provide sufficient power for this. You may find that it works anyway, but in theory it should not work.

Cheers

– Jeff

Biggsounds
    Participant

Which of course brings us back around to the availability of the Dante card… Jeff?

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Knoxford
    Knoxford
    Participant

So, what if I already have the MMO installed in the iDR48? What happens when Dante arrives? Do I have to choose one or the other? Can’t do without Aviom port. Is there some kind of expansion unit where I can plug in an additional card? Will the Dante technology be integrated into a card that also has Aviom? Hmmmm ….

Biggsounds
    Participant

I’ve wondered that too – only having a single option port does limit it somewhat – for a system with so much flexibility… Maybe something that could be linked off the ACE port or something would be handy

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

So now we are in September.

When will we know a time frame for DANTE release?

IDR32
    Motion computing LE1700
    Where is my DANTE & iMonitor?

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

biggsounds..
    I guess the only way would be for you to get yet another iDR-0 and populate it with a Dante and MMO cards, which would buy you the conversion to have all you need.
    I’ve already requested a cheap version of the iDR-0 to be used only as a format converter. Lets see if they come up with that anytime soon.
    [:D] hint, hint

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.