1.7 latency/delay when switching channels

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions 1.7 latency/delay when switching channels

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oscar-Soderlund
    Oscar-Soderlund
    Participant

Hi,

I updated some iLive’s to 1.7 now.
    And a really annoying thing is, that there is now a latency/delay when switching channels.
    it’s not long but, if you SEL one channel and have the EQ window open.
    Then change to next channel you will notice a 1-3 seconds delay before the SEL channel setting shows up.
    I updated 1 touring iLives this weekend and was talking a lot about the good stuff with 1.7.
    But felt a bit embarrassed when the first thing the tech’s pointed out was the delay in the input SEL updates.

Thanks
    Oscar Soederlund
    Parashoot

Parashoot
    Sweden

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

not here – just had a 3 week festival running on 1.7….

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Oscar-Soderlund
    Participant

So you don’t have a 1-3 sec gap when the eq shows the earlier selected ch,
    when select a new channel?
    This happened on a t80, maybe there is a explanation in something with a older
    screen or surface?

Oscar

Parashoot
    Sweden

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Maybe you have one of first machines with slower CPU? AFAIK there was an option to upgrade CPU in older models.

ddff

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Oscar

Do you have the Fill enabled on the EQ graph?

Enabling the Fill on the EQ graph may cause a slight delay increase when changing pages.

Regards
    sam A&H

Profile photo of Focus-Studio
    Focus-Studio
    Participant

i work with 1.7 since it comes with two I 112 and 48 mix rack for F.O.H and 32 one for stage the time of switching between “sel” are about 1 to 2 sec ….at foh at stage its faster…

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i must even say 1.7 is a improvement “switchwise”

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Oscar-Soderlund
    Participant

It seems that it’s only this specific T80 that has this problem.
    Going to re-do the upgrade.

Thanks
    Oscar

Parashoot
    Sweden

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

My T80 has come brand new with Firmware 1.7 and has this “feature”. That said, I can’t honestly say it’s gotten in my way, and it doesn’t seem any different to how I remembered my demo consoles which ran various flavours of 1.6x.

Would be nice to fix though if possible. Perhaps Oscar, you could let us know if re-doing the upgrade fixes your issue?

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

Profile photo of Attreui75
    Attreui75
    Participant

It isn’t just your T80. I have noticed a slight delay also on my T112’s that is new since the system upgrade when selecting channels. It is certainly frustrating!

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Attreui75

It isn’t just your T80. I have noticed a slight delay also on my T112’s that is new since the system upgrade when selecting channels. It is certainly frustrating!

I’ve also noticed the SEL delay on my T112 (after upgrading to 1.7).

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

same here on R72 certainly annoying…v.170

RayS

Profile photo of AgentSmith
    AgentSmith
    Participant

I notice a loss of audio signal on pafl when i press any sel button…it’s a little annoying..

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Thats because the Select button also allows you to solo that part of the signal chain (hold in to solo). Perhaps if they put a small delay on the select switch’s before they activate the solo would be good to avoid that problem but I can live with it as it adds functionality.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

Hello :)
    I have iLive T112 and IDR 48 and after update to firmware 1.7 have the same problem. Before that thas was quickest. Now then i have open the EQ window and pres SEL on every channel i must wait 1-2 sec then the EQ graph is change. It has nothing to do with FILL option. Without this option also must wait. Now i have made updgrade to 1.71 and this probles remains. Its very annoying.

Cheers
    Mario from Poland.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.