LCR SUB

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JustinSumrall JustinSumrall 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Hi,

Had some problems with this at the weekend. L works, R works and Sub works but C doesn’t. There is no output to the centre. L,R and Sub are ok as you can pan the LR and send to the sub using the shift function but I don’t know how to get signal going to the centre. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Piehead

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

Immediate thoughts are if the C was routed to the correct output. I have had to go “looking” for the correct output on some of the template files. The other thing is depending on how your preferences are configured if the C was on one of the rotary sends versus the usual send on fader. Hope one of those ideas helps.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of jheimberg
    jheimberg
    Participant

Are you sure you haven’t selected the LCR Plus setup? If so, you need to adjust not only the pan but the blend control to send signal to the center channel.

http://www.soundadvicetraining.com

Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Hi,

It’s definitely LCR Sub but I’m interested in the blend you talk of. How is that done?

Thanks

Piehead

Profile photo of jheimberg
    jheimberg
    Participant

Generally – when set to LCR Plus mode, you have two controls. One is left to right (ignoring the center channel completely), and the other is Blend, which is the balance between the LR bus and the Center channel.

It’s quite a nice tool and we’re using the iLive that way, with aux fed subs.

http://www.soundadvicetraining.com

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jheimberg

Generally – when set to LCR Plus mode, you have two controls. One is left to right (ignoring the center channel completely), and the other is Blend, which is the balance between the LR bus and the Center channel.

It’s quite a nice tool and we’re using the iLive that way, with aux fed subs.

We like it too. Though I’d like to see a “LCR Plus Sub” mode to avoid the aux fed sub requirement.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

David you have a good point however I beleive the issue would be in the fact you would need a second encoder as the first one is used as PAN then in Alt mode as C level, Could be wrong I am sure Carey will correct me presently.

Profile photo of JustinSumrall
    JustinSumrall
    Participant

We currently run LCR Sub on 90% of our shows. We have to dial every input into the center channel. In normal operation, the pan knob does its normal job, panning the channel left and right. When the rotary shift button is held down, you should have control of dialing that input into the center panel. The rotary shift just bounces you in-between the pan functions. Your subs should be acting as an AUX send and you will dial in channels just like a normal AUX. Select MIX on the AUX send, the faders will bottom out and you can now bring up that input into the sub send.

Justin Sumrall
    2-T112 2-IDR48

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.