AES

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yooousuke
    yooousuke
    Participant

I have a question about AES link

Now I have iLive system feed to other device with AES.
    Each system(iLive and other device) have to be connected thus AES.

Does the Clock need to set for sync?
    If yes,tell me how to set.
    Or the Signal on AES is alredy converted to degital(ADC)
    Clock does not need to be set?

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

AES already has the clock signal embedded into it so no additional clock should be needed I believe.

Profile photo of yooousuke
    yooousuke
    Participant

I also think AES included a clock signal.
    so Audio Sync doesn’t need to be set I’m also not sure.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Yosuk

All iLive digital inputs have a Sample Rate Converter (SRC) on each digital input pair.

The SRC will convert incoming AES/SPDIF/optical signals to be in sync with the internal iLive sampling clock (48kHz).

This deals with drift or small external sampling rate differences between external inputs. Or compatibility with other input sampling rates, for example, 44.1kHz or 96kHz.

It also allows the system to run without external wordclock sync between all devices.

For sync’d systems where the external device is in sync with the iLive internal clock, it is possible to disable the SRC, in channel pairs. This can reduce latency through the SRC where latency is absolute critical. SRC latency can accumulate in cascaded digital devices all using SRC. This can be problematic in vocal/percussive musician monitor feeds or broadcast monitoring feeds.

By default the SRC is On, therefore you do not need to worry about any syncing issues.

If you are outputing audio from the iLive digital outputs, you will need to configure the device you are sending audio to so that it can recieve the audio at 48kHz. You may also need to set the device as a slave, check the manual of the AES device you are connecting the iLive to.

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.