Extra inputs for iDR-48 micrack

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Extra inputs for iDR-48 micrack

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gilparente gilparente 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CaptainF
    CaptainF
    Participant

Hello :)

I am wondering if there is an easy (unexpensive) way to add 8 extra mic inputs to the iDR-48 micrack.

Maybe there is a plan to make such a “box” for the iDR-16/32/48 .. ? :)

– CaptainF

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

You could upgrade to an IDR64! Other than that you would need a mic pre unit with digital output such as adat and use an MMO card. Do you have an ilive surface? If so you could use the line inputs with an 8 ch mic pre that has line outs.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

CaptainF
    Participant

IDR64 is not cheap.. hehe:P

It is actually a customer of mine who is requesting this.
    He bought IDR48 for the choir he is mixing, since it was the largest micrack available at the time. Now he needs 8 more inputs, and switching to IDR64 is to expensive at the moment.

They dont have a surface, he mixes via his computer.

I thought about the soloution with MMO-card.. But I can only find that card, for the IDR, with ADAT Out. I read about it and couldnt find any documentation stating it gives any aditional inputs.

– CaptainF

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

You’re right the MMO is an out only card – you could look at the MADI card with external hardware, but I’m not sure what the latency would be like, or similarly the new Dante card connected to a computer with an interface attached? All these sound cumbersome, and latency (not to mention lack of remote controllability) would be limiting factors. Is there an option to submix pre the mixrack for some sources? That might free up some inputs…alternately an iDR16 would seem the sensible option

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

CaptainF
    Participant

I guess submixing or combining some of the vocal microphones for the choir is the best thing for now. I already suggested combining for him and then looking into buying an iDR16 later.

Appreciate the quick replies:)

– CaptainF

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Aye Aye Captain ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

You could always add an Dante card or Ethersound card and add a rack mount input box with the same protocol. Plenty of manufactures making those.
    At that point, you are not too far from an iDR16.
    Just a thought.. :)

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.