Default Scene Storage Settings

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Default Scene Storage Settings

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dschmoldt dschmoldt 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jheimberg
    jheimberg
    Participant

Is it possible to set a default (possibly with the next update) so that certain settings don’t save with a scene?

Such as: removing main mix processing, delays, etc from the scenes? As is, we copy/paste/update to accomplish this – I would just love to be able to limit what is saved with the scene.

http://www.soundadvicetraining.com

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

In the editor “scene editing”or pdf “scene memories” page 78, you can choose what to save or change within each scene…………. its quite extensive!

Ray

RayS

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

In the editor “scene editing”or pdf “scene memories” page 78, you can choose what to save or change within each scene…………. its quite extensive!

But then you have to copy and paste that setting into the other 250 scenes. I think. I don’t see a way to set a default that carries through all scenes automatically. Sort of a scene template. Unless I’m missing something.

I was really disappointed to see no enhancements to the scene manager in the new version. There have been a lot of requests here that fell on deaf ears.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yeah I’ve requested it before also – We need a scene save library so you can set up templates of what gets saved. Even just a couple of customisable scene save buttons would be good. The current method of copying/pasting scenes and then updating is cumbersom – not to mention that copying a single scene to many is difficult and has to be done in multiple steps.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

@richard

I couldn’t agree more!

I’d like to be able to arrange my saved scenes just like in an explorer window, with folder possibility. Then Make PLAYLISTS of scenes just like in mediaplayer for the actual shows.

Plus indeed a few dedicated scene save buttons, so you can decide on the spot what KIND of a scene you are saving. Then this ‘kind of scene’ should be easily readable in the scene explorer, just like file properties in the Windows explorer.

That would be sooo nice.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dschmoldt

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

But then you have to copy and paste that setting into the other 250 scenes. I think. I don’t see a way to set a default that carries through all scenes automatically. Sort of a scene template. Unless I’m missing something.

I was really disappointed to see no enhancements to the scene manager in the new version. There have been a lot of requests here that fell on deaf ears.

David Schmoldt

Sorry for misinterpreting the original question…….what is needed indeed is possibly something like the snapshot save prefs feature in digico sd9 and 8…..called “Global Recall scope”as well as the timed scene recalls and scene crossfades and the “Select update range” in the sd8-9 prefs, so all snaps(A&H scenes) are updated …….??

Ray

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

While we are on the subject of scenes – It would be also a great feature to be able to add or remove selected parameters from all or from selected scenes (in one step)
    Or in other words – select the parameters you want to add or remove, then select the scenes you want to apply that to (or select all scenes option), Then Apply (with an idiot “are you sure??” message of course!) This could also be achieved the other way round by first selecting the scenes(or all), then selecting parameters to add/remove > Apply

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

While we are on the subject of scenes – It would be also a great feature to be able to add or remove selected parameters from all or from selected scenes (in one step)
    Or in other words – select the parameters you want to add or remove, then select the scenes you want to apply that to (or select all scenes option), Then Apply (with an idiot “are you sure??” message of course!) This could also be achieved the other way round by first selecting the scenes(or all), then selecting parameters to add/remove > Apply

That would be a GREAT feature! I just don’t see the scene manager issues getting much attention from A&H. I’m guessing they don’t use them very frequently in the A&H shop.

David Schmoldt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.