suggestion for the next update

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions suggestion for the next update

This topic contains 82 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of havana havana 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by antonyja

quote:

In the preferences it would be good to have more options for the channel encoders primary/Rotary Shift global settings. In particular I would like to see the Blend control (LCR plus mode)able to be the primary function (PAN as rotary shift). Perhaps other options like SUB for example (LR Sub mode)for the primary encoder function – or is that there already? can’t remember.

Hi Stix,

The reason these options are not available is that the LCD display doesn’t have the correct legends on the lower “eyebrow” display for Blend & Sub, and we have the rotary shifted function always on the upper “eyebrow”, otherwise we think it would confuse the user (inverting the shift fn).

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Thanks Antony – Yeah I thought that the display might be the reason – The other option would be to have a latchable Rotary Shift button – But then there’s no indication LED on the Button! It’s a real problem for a show I’m working on where I need to crossfade actors between a centre cluster (middle of room) and an end stage (Stereo mix). With actors moving around its now a “One at a time” adjustment as one hand has to stay on the Rotary Shift. I’m using scenes as much as possible but it’s not ideal. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of cdennewitz
    cdennewitz
    Participant

I want the ablity to connect two surfaces while using dual mix racks. I have the open ACE spot on my main IDR, on my ACE card, I know I would have to run another piece of cat5 to the second surface, but that would be my one Ilive dream.

Chad

Profile photo of parsen
    parsen
    Participant

Hi,

– Scenes should be able to recall library items. For example let’s say you have a PEQ store in the library for your lead vocal. During sound check, you need to make a change to that PEQ setting for whatever reason. By simply updating this change in the library, the change should be reflected by all the scene recalls which use this library entry. (Change once, apply to many)
    – How about a sensitivity control for the RTA? This would be helpful when ringing out wedges.
    – When configuring the sources to a Matrix, the ON indicators should not be visible on sources, such as chanels, which are not routable to the Matrix. This issue occurs in both the surface and editor.

Been using the system (T112/32) for 6 months now. I LOVE IT!

Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

I’d love the ability to use the built in VGA connector on the back of the surface to act as an extended control display screen, so as to display extra info, an extended desktop with the USB control for touch interface too?
    Some extra adjustment in the built in FX delays as I need more that the allowable 1362ms available, over 1800 would be fantastic!

Thanks

Avenue Services: Audio Visual Provision
    http://www.avenueservices.co.uk
    T112 & IDR-48 + iPhone and hopefully iPad software!

Profile photo of Yeshua
    Yeshua
    Participant

So I’m looking into the iLive system for Church and as far as I’m concerned, it is the best system out there.

As for an idea that I’m sure software should be able to do, which I assume it can’t currently (have heard of it), is using the 8 softkeys as layer selects.
    eg.
    R72 current max I/O = 72, add 8 softkeys @ 12 faders each = max I/O of 168
    T80 current max I/O = 80, add 8 softkeys @ 20 faders each = max I/O of 240
    T112 current max I/O = 112, add 8 softkeys @ 28 faders each = max I/O of 336

By allowing the use of those soft keys as faders selects, for major productions, this could make the whole system even more wanted (I do realize the r72’s might shoot up a bit and the t112’s down, but not that much as thats a lot of channels for only 12 faders so just not as easy to get to them compared to the t112, but for someone who’s used to it…no problems)

All this would take is allowing the softkeys to have the same options/code as the current layer selects. I doubt it would be too difficult….and its not like a user has to use them…..but if someone needs to expand there board beyond where it can go currently, this update could be very handy!

Something else that I have no experience in though….I’ve got no idea how lighting controllers work, but the interface seems to be very similar from a few that I’ve seen. Would it be possible to have some new cards for the iDR10 that allows inputs for room lighting? With scene selection, you could map the lighting settings to match your scene selects (but of course fairly basic). I know that would be out of the usually A&H products….but the surface is just a surface….its the card (or even a whole new rack) that controls the lights….just a thought….

and last thing…which I did already lol….on the mac version of the editor, make an icon for the program to look like like the ilive :D it looks so much better then the standard apple new program icon. Heres the link to the t80 pic I converted (towards the bottom of the page): https://web.me.com/yeshua11/Joshs_Website/Extras.html

my iLive setup:
    offline editor on mac, demo content on ipod touch
    lol

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Yeshua

quote:

As for an idea that I’m sure software should be able to do, which I assume it can’t currently (have heard of it), is using the 8 softkeys as layer selects.
    eg.

This is currently possible. Setup 2 softkeys as scene recalls. In the scenes just save strip layout settings then configure each scene with your different strip layout.

Hope this helps

Sam
    A&H

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

This is currently possible. Setup 2 softkeys as scene recalls. In the scenes just save strip layout settings then configure each scene with your different strip layout.

Hope this helps

Sam
    A&H

That’s where something like scene “play lists” or a difference between these kind of scenes and real show scenes would come in handy, because if ever we want to really implement the “scene+1 and GO” functionality, we definitely need to distinguish between “setup”-scenes and the real “show”-scenes, so that using these kind of technical scenes as described above, doesn’t interfere with the normal progression of the show.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of havana
    havana
    Participant

Multiband compression on master out.

DAW control….please!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.