suggestion for the next update

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions suggestion for the next update

This topic contains 82 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of havana havana 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of spart
    spart
    Participant

Hello,
    First, I’m french, sorry for my sad english.

For the next update, i really like to have a fully SAFE option.

possible to SAFE EQ or Gain or Fader or Send etc….

This option is very very important in the digital mixer.

Thank you

Denis

denis

Profile photo of Clintage
    Clintage
    Participant

I’d like to see:

-Selectable Layer Link – The option to select which fader bank layers to link. Now, it’s either the layers are linked or unlink across all 3 banks. I’d like to be able to link the layers with Bank 1 and Bank 2, and leave Bank 3 independent.

-Name ACE tie-lines in DualMixRack mode – in Dual MixRack Mode, you have to assign output busses across MixRacks between the slave and master via the numbered ACE “tie-lines”. I’d like to be able to name the ACE channels so that when I go back over to the slave to select which ACE line goes to which output, I’d like to see a name rather than just a number.

[:p]

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

I know it’s super lazy of me, but I would like to see the ‘libraries’ a little fuller. If I’m doing a quick mix, it would be useful to be able to pull some ‘safe’ compressors, gates, EQs, etc. for toms, voices, basses and the like. Our LS9 is stuffed full of that kind of thing, and, in tight spots, I find it useful.

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by guyharris

I know it’s super lazy of me, but I would like to see the ‘libraries’ a little fuller. If I’m doing a quick mix, it would be useful to be able to pull some ‘safe’ compressors, gates, EQs, etc. for toms, voices, basses and the like. Our LS9 is stuffed full of that kind of thing, and, in tight spots, I find it useful.

I agree, having some default processing libraries for things like drums, vocals, bass would have been helpful when I was starting on the iLive. I’ve gradually built my own, but on the Yamaha I usually started with theirs and tweaked them. Just faster.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dschmoldt

quote:

Originally posted by guyharris

I agree, having some default processing libraries for things like drums, vocals, bass would have been helpful when I was starting on the iLive. I’ve gradually built my own, but on the Yamaha I usually started with theirs and tweaked them. Just faster.

David Schmoldt

Maybe this is something the community here can supply for newer users?
    All you would need to do is set up an xml file of your favorite settings and just upload it somewhere and link to it on the forums.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

It would be good to see which other users are online at any given time. I don’t know if there is an interface to the ‘server / router’ function through HTML, but I certainly haven’t found it (and I’ve tried.)

G

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of spart
    spart
    Participant

Hi, if it’s possible for the future’s update, to have dynamique on FX return… it’s cool for live mix….

denis

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by spart

Hi, if it’s possible for the future’s update, to have dynamique on FX return… it’s cool for live mix….

Qe? DFX? https://www.ilive-digital.com/Downloads/iLive%20Reference%20Part%202%20Firmware%20AP6526-2_4.pdf Page 34.

iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

@spart

you can also use a usual strip as a FX-return to have full processing.
    just patch it at the preamp…

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by HectorCoka

i’d like to insert graphic EQ in input channels!!!

PLEASE A&H!

thanks.

Hi All, Just purchased a iDR-32 Mix Rack after a lot of thought and using it with Motion Tablet LE1700. Looking forward to the first gig next weekend…

Anyway now I actually own a Mix Rack I feel that entitles me to make a suggestion [:)]… I like to see the idea that HectorCoka had some time ago or a variant of for frequency conscience compression. I tend to prefer a graphic over PEQ for this.

Another option that might work is if a mono sub group could chosen in the compressor side chain drop down menu then the GEQ on the sub group used to control the compressor (obviously this sub group would off in the main mix).

Cheers,

Gary.

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of Marc-More-Stage
    Marc-More-Stage
    Participant

I would like the Editor to prompt you to save a show if it has been modified (like nearly every other program on the planet) to avoid the dozy gits amongst us just clicking it shut and losing a load of work!

cheers,
    Marc

More Stage Services
    The Hague – Holland
    iLive 144 – R-72 – iDR10 – iDR16

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

In the preferences it would be good to have more options for the channel encoders primary/Rotary Shift global settings. In particular I would like to see the Blend control (LCR plus mode)able to be the primary function (PAN as rotary shift). Perhaps other options like SUB for example (LR Sub mode)for the primary encoder function – or is that there already? can’t remember.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hey editor on ipad?
    https://www.wyse.com/products/software/pocketcloud/index.asp

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

quote:

In the preferences it would be good to have more options for the channel encoders primary/Rotary Shift global settings. In particular I would like to see the Blend control (LCR plus mode)able to be the primary function (PAN as rotary shift). Perhaps other options like SUB for example (LR Sub mode)for the primary encoder function – or is that there already? can’t remember.

Hi Stix,

The reason these options are not available is that the LCD display doesn’t have the correct legends on the lower “eyebrow” display for Blend & Sub, and we have the rotary shifted function always on the upper “eyebrow”, otherwise we think it would confuse the user (inverting the shift fn).

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

again (not shure if i mentioned it before) resizable scene window in editor.

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.