suggestion for the next update

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions suggestion for the next update

This topic contains 82 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of havana havana 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

I don’t remember if anyone mentioned this: The parametre select could stay selected when changing fx. What I mean is that I adjust drum reverb decay and chance to voc/backline reverb I must select decay again.

iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of kjell@jll.no
    kjell@jll.no
    Participant

I would love to have VU-meter on DCA’s as well, if possible :D

Profile photo of AgentSmith
    AgentSmith
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by josiaspicone

Hi! an UNDO function on scene manager, a multiband compressor, and a geq as an fx engine for insertion on imput channels

Solo se que no se nada

i think that this functions could be very useful!!

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

Not sure how this could work! DCA’s are control groups not audio groups. There is no signal in them to meter!
    A&H have an excellent paper on their site explaining the operation of DCA/VCA routing and operation.
    Darren

kjell@jll.no
    Participant

For sure, routing VU meter on DCA is not possible in the “real” world. But as this is just “software” it would be great if it’s possible. At least when you have all faders for the DCA on page 3 it would be good to see what’s happening on that page.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I think this is first step to confusion between DCA and Group. I’d rather leave this as is.

ddff

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

Can we perhaps have the *option*? Actually I could find it very useful, but I’d need to be able to it off so as not to confuse newcomers to the desk or to the differences between DCA/VCA’s and Groups – the point about confusion is valid.

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

kjell@jll.no
    Participant

A way to turn it on or off would be good. Because usually you use a DCA to group together things from pages that you don’t have open. So just to see the VU meters would tell you something about the signal. And something is usually better than nothing…

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kjell@jll.no

For sure, routing VU meter on DCA is not possible in the “real” world. But as this is just “software” it would be great if it’s possible. At least when you have all faders for the DCA on page 3 it would be good to see what’s happening on that page.

Why not? I have worked on analogue desks where I was able to cue the VCA groups, technically cueing all member channels of that group and of course there was a level indication of all channels combined. That would equate a vca/dca group’s level meter.

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Key listen on the dynamics when using the Editor! Please :)

Profile photo of CaptainF
    CaptainF
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by lawbass61

Any chance of making the GEQ’s on the outputs true 31 bands so we can get the very low (<63Hz) and very high(>16KHz), or at least extending the low end GEQ, this would be helpful in being able to tune the subwoofers. Thanks for the great product.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Agree. This was one of the first things I was missing when I first tested the system. Hope its possible to do something about this. I just think it is more comfortable to use the GEQ with faderflip, instead of having to tweek it via PEQ.

– CaptainF

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by abstractnoise

Can we perhaps have the *option*? Actually I could find it very useful, but I’d need to be able to it off so as not to confuse newcomers to the desk or to the differences between DCA/VCA’s and Groups – the point about confusion is valid.

-unknown.

You could create some groups in your configuration (if you’re not maxed out) Assign the same channels to the groups as the DCA’s and don’t send the groups anywhere. Give them names, create your custom meters and use those as your reference. Just a thought!

Scott

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

More options on assigning gain/trim, send levels, direct out levels to the channel encoders. For instance I would like to put the gain/trim on the shift encoder with the send as the main function(when mix is active)or switch them around to any order I would like. Right now with gains/trims as the main function I have to use the shift to change send levels which is a pain when mixing. I just can’t seems to get the right combination I like here.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

@sraymond – yup, that’ll work, but burns output busses I’d really rather keep for Aux sends.

-unknown.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yeah – I’d like to have meters working on the DCA’s(optional?). Just finished a theatre show with many vocal/orchestra DCA’s used and it would have been a godsend to have DCA meters during rehearsals for programming scenes as there was lots of offstage singing for example on surface layers that weren’t normally visable. As kjell said above: ” something is usually better than nothing”

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.