suggestion for the next update

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions suggestion for the next update

This topic contains 82 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of havana havana 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

Most of these topics have already been answered by 1.7. The HPF and LPF on Mains is an option under your Mixer Configuration. As is phase. On Editor you can use the Soft Key Simulation under your “Tools” menu.

John
    eartsinc

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I’ve tried the softkey sim but only some functions work… it would be great if all the softkey features cold be ported over (ESP the Mix/Sel/PAFL combo)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

I’d love to see scrolling spectograph even instead of RTA. And a possibility to sign there f ex selected or cue channel / send. It’s very fast and precise tool especially working monitor feedbacks. Of course a soft key to bring it up fast and stop button.

iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

Yup – tried the softkey sim and found I can see and use the softkeys, but there appears to be no way to configure new functions to them. Maybe I missed something?

RE HPF/LPF… these are not entirely reliable yet. I think it’s every time I recall settings from a scene, that the LPF on my Sub mix (set to 100Hz) comes up as 2KHz. I then need to tweak it back down by hand. On one hand it’s no big deal, but on the other hand it *should* just work…

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Chris

quote:

RE HPF/LPF… these are not entirely reliable yet. I think it’s every time I recall settings from a scene, that the LPF on my Sub mix (set to 100Hz) comes up as 2KHz. I then need to tweak it back down by hand. On one hand it’s no big deal, but on the other hand it *should* just work…

Are you sure that you do not have previous setting saved in a scene that are overwriting the current settings of the LPF?

We have not found this issue before, are you able to give me anymore information on how you recreate this bug? if so please send me a recreate procedure, so we can fix the issue ASAP

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by john@eartsinc

Most of these topics have already been answered by 1.7. The HPF and LPF on Mains is an option under your Mixer Configuration. As is phase. On Editor you can use the Soft Key Simulation under your “Tools” menu.

John
    eartsinc

that´s not right!
    there is no phase-option at the mixer configuration!

it´s possible to realise the lpf and hpf on output if you select the 20-20khz free filter option on the outputs.

greetings from hamburg

abstractnoise
    Participant

Hey Sam

Thanks for this and other replies. I’ll check my setup when i start it up tomorrow and will let you know what I find.

-unknown.

Profile photo of yooousuke
    yooousuke
    Participant

My suggestion is about processing order.

I hope the processing order would be changed for individual input signal.
    (ex.The order of PEQ and Comp could be change.)

Profile photo of arigy
    arigy
    Participant

My suggestion (which is in fact already implemented in hardware) is to be able to use white backlight color for strip LCDs. I’ve seen a damaged scene once, in which some strips were colored white and I must say it looks pretty neat. Additional color will be very helpful to colorcode strips.

With white color we’ll get all 8 possible RGB combination (including unlit one).

abstractnoise
    Participant

Second the white backlight!

Started IDR48 and t80 cold this morning and found Sub LPF set to 2KHz instead of 100Hz. Seemed that recalling show or scene loaded this correctly. I’ll start a separate thread as and when I get more info.

-unknown.

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

I’d like to have a soft key assign combo: Select FX and mix. What I’d like to do is press the soft key to feed channels to effect and immediately bring the effect to screen to edit f ex rev time.

iLiveT80 / iDr32

abstractnoise
    Participant

Thought of another one while struggling with EQ for a problematic head-mic this morning:

Having an RTA that can be overlayed with the selected channel’s EQ curve would be wonderful.

-unknown.

Profile photo of riggs1963
    riggs1963
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks heaps for the latest update…really enjoying the added functions and changes…

Wondering if it is possible to add a quantizable, L&R linked/linkable, tap delay similar to those available in the TC D2 please…

Cheers and thank you

Dave S
    Pua Audio Systems
    Brisbane, Aust.

T112|iDR48

Profile photo of josiaspicone
    josiaspicone
    Participant

Hi! an UNDO function on scene manager, a multiband compressor, and a geq as an fx engine for insertion on imput channels

Solo se que no se nada

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

I’d like to be able to clear the contents of a scene without removeing the name of it. (clearing the check marks meaning no info in the scene) We use pretty much the same order and names of scenes each week, however the mix changes. I’d like to remove the contents prior to rehearsal and then save the scenes as we practice them without haing to place the names in them each week. This would allow one to know which scenes are fresh/currently updated scenes as opposed to ones that had been left over from the previous week.
    Another option would be a notation in the scene window indicating when the selected was last updated or saved.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.