suggestion for the next update

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions suggestion for the next update

This topic contains 82 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of havana havana 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jheimberg
    jheimberg
    Participant

Could we get adjustable width or an old-fashioned ‘wide band’ option on the de-esser? The current one seems a bit ‘narrow’ to me.

http://www.soundadvicetraining.com

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

BIG + for the resize feature in editor (particularly for the touchscreen usability)!

For now, I use a 22″ or a 24″ touchscreen, connected to my laptop and I use the Windows 7 builtin fullscreen magnifier. So far that works for me.

I’d like to be able to copy one custom strip to another to make minor changes. Or being able to copy combinations of channels from one custom strip to another.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Hi Wouter, yes I’m doing the same thing – a 24″ touchscreen connected to my laptop, but I’ve found I can get away without magnifier for the most part… I’d just like to be able to make those targets (the faders particularly) a little easier to poke!
    I’ve found that I’m using fingers for fader moves & a stylus for the rest (that combination seems to work best for me)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Suggestion for a next update?

Marketing guys, what about following options:

First option: Creating a dedicated Editor USB controller. Just like a Chamsys for the light world, a similar thing for the audio world. Same price setting (<2000€) for use with the editor_USBcontrol addon package :-)

Second option: an editor_Touch addon package for optimized use with touch screen computers.

Third option: an editor_Scenes addon package for advanced scene management.

Fourth option: an editor_iPad version. an editor Android version…

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Hande
    Hande
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

quote:

Originally posted by whitcodj

Can I revisit having a width control on stereo channels please?

+ 1 I aggree on that – at the moment if you lose one channel of a stereo source the only way to make the remaining channel mono (ie to feed both L & R outputs) is to assign through a group. If you don’t have a group set up then this can take valuable time. Also sometimes stereo sources need to be mono’d up a bit live so the audience can hear both parts if they near to only one PA stack.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

+1 for this. I just had that tricky situation when keyboard player broke his cable (connector) during the show by kicking the DI-box and then loosing one channel.

quote:

First option: Creating a dedicated Editor USB controller.

AH should be working with USB-faderboard for PC. This might come out sooner than we think….. or not :o)

iLive T-112 + IDR-48

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

quote:

+1 for this. I just had that tricky situation when keyboard player broke his cable (connector) during the show by kicking the DI-box and then loosing one channel.

honestly?
    that´s why i never use a stereo channel for a stereo signal!
    and even too, because if you root the signal to a mono monitor the signal can have mono incompatiblity!!!

always make a gang and link sensfull parameters.

greetings from hamburg

Biggsounds
    Participant

I’m with self-made on that – at least with the ganged channel option all you need to do is return the ‘pan’ to centre… Come to think of it, that would be a nice feature for a future update – a ‘reverse’ pan gang which operates as a width control (i.e. the ganged channels ‘pan’ in opposite directions as opposed to following each other – perfect for the ‘width’ control requested above!). Ps is there a reason we’re limited to 8 ‘gangs’?

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yep – I don’t use stereo mix channels for stage inputs either for the same reasons as mentioned above (I only use them for digital sources such as SPDIF or music playback/ipod input etc) but the request for a width control by Whitcodj is still a valid request as it will make stereo channels more flexible (when/If you do use them!). Hey I like the idea of the reverse pan gang biggsounds!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Yep – I don’t use stereo mix channels for stage inputs either for the same reasons as mentioned above (I only use them for digital sources such as SPDIF or music playback/ipod input etc) but the request for a width control by Whitcodj is still a valid request as it will make stereo channels more flexible (when/If you do use them!). Hey I like the idea of the reverse pan gang biggsounds!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

yep NO stereo channels at all here (!) some of em (customers) come with outa balance digital sources (YES SIR-DANCE GROUPS E.T.C.)

AND: in the editor instead of pan knobs – sliders would make life easyer for “the touchscreenies” plus numerical fields for gain settings!!!

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

quote:

i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante

not really, i hope!

greetings from hamburg

Biggsounds
    Participant

Actually, 1 thing that I do want in relation to ganging is being able to gang input gains (selectively of course, just another push button in the attributes screen) – am I missing something or is this not currently available? Seems like a pretty useful thing on stereo sources/keyboards etc

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

Any chance of making the GEQ’s on the outputs true 31 bands so we can get the very low (<63Hz) and very high(>16KHz), or at least extending the low end GEQ, this would be helpful in being able to tune the subwoofers. Thanks for the great product.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

Thanks SelfMade, I found the “Input AFL” setting. that’s great.I might change back to mixing on DCAs again… maybe.

Duncan Whitcombe
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2, Dante soon
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Just a thought – maybe ganging would be easier to access bu pressing and holding two SEL buttons, that could bring up the screen with attributes.

ddff

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

I second the GEQ suggestion above!

Also wonder whether we could have peak LED’s show for the A-D stage of the pre-amp? I managed to clip mine badly during a sermon over the weekend because the Pre was up too high with the subsequent Trim turned down. Thought first that the radio mic was over-saturating since there was no indication at the channel strip or any other metering that anything was wrong.

Some kind of Macro facility, especially for softkeys (see my thread elsewhere in this board) would be nice.

Also, did I miss something or are softkeys only programmable on a real control surface? Would love to have this ability, or to have it made more obvious that it’s there in the iLive Editor software if it *is* there already.

Otherwise, great job guys – keep up the good work!

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.