iPhone app suggestions

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPhone app suggestions

This topic contains 34 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MissingLink MissingLink 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

The biggest wishes so far from me are –

1) please port the ‘MIX’ buttons across!!! I love being able to select the mix key on a given channel and then scooting across my auxes and fx quickly while roaming the stage and setting up monitors, if the app had the facility to select a channel mix and then roam the mixes & fx that would make this app PERFECT for setting up monitors… maybe I’m missing something but as it stands now it really only seems useful for FOH duties.

-yessir- and restriction (the keyboarder can only select his mixbutton
    or it is allready preselected for him so he can do his own in ear mix)

2) PAFL & RTA? I appreciate that porting the RTA across might be a big engineering challenge, but again for setting up monitors in a hurry this would be brilliant

nice but not urgent

3) PAN control on the inputs? Honestly, I could happily live without the delays per input channel if you need to compromise (maybe make that user selectable if its a processing issue?).

toggle button, between delay and pan

I won’t whinge any further because you have already in version one created the single most useful app in the iTunes store – THANKYOU!!!

+100

and here is mine:

two buttons ont the faderpage
    1, left button previous fader
    2. right button next fader

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

As much as there’s room for improvement, I have to say even as is this is an awesome tool! I mixed a show last night with a 6 pc newgrass band & I figure I mixed about 90% of the show on my iPhone (nowhere to set up out front, so otherwise stuck with a side of stage mix)! Great timesaver & brilliant for balancing the tone across the venue! Well done chaps…

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Jas@MCF
    Jas@MCF
    Participant

I would definitely like to see some way of “tweaking” the foldbacks.

Maybe while your in an input channel you could select the “Mix” button and it bring up a list of all the “Aux’s” or while you in an “Aux” channel and you select “Mix” that it bring up all the input channels for you to scroll through and adjust as needed. This way a muso can have their iPhone set up and go to their own “Aux” channel and select the “Mix” button and whatever they move from there will only affect themselves.

I have this fear a muso will think he is adjusting his In-Ears but instead is changing FOH…and of course everyone turns around to look at the sound guy :)

Jason

Profile photo of Oscar-Soderlund
    Oscar-Soderlund
    Participant

I used the app on a 7000 people outdoor show.
    It worked great!

I’m only afraid that this simple app is going to be too complex.
    So, when using it on a IPhone you have to start zoom in and out.
    And hitting the wrong fader or knob.

Think it’s better then to make a editor for a note pad or ipad,
    if you feel you need to get deeper down in your mix.

The iLive Tweak is a great tool for leave your desk and take a stroll
    around the venue or festival site to check how your mix or eq is working,
    or eq your stage monitors
    Without being forced to leg it back to your desk to turn of Fx’s between songs.

I love improvements, but not to the cost of ease of use.
    Please don’t make it too advanced.

Thanks

Oscar

Parashoot
    Sweden

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Me too, got stuck side stage in a corporate function so I leaned on the bar during the acts and mixed on the iPhone. As if to highlight another plus, the mains to our console area died at one point but I could open and close the presenter’s mic on the iPhone while the problem was being located….all the coolest gear I now own has an ‘i’ in front of it!

T112, R72
    iDR32, iDR48
    iStuff

Biggsounds
    Participant

I guess the happy medium might be another app? I mean, all the press releases referred to Tweak as A&H’s FIRST iPhone app – no reason why all this stuff needs to fit into tweak, maybe iMonitor is the next step?

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of akustyk
    akustyk
    Participant

hi !

its possible to connect ilive and iphone without router? ( only using the comp-comp network ) for ex. connect ilive to pc via cable and connect iphone to pc using wifi )

Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

quote:

Biggsounds: I guess the happy medium might be another app? I mean, all the press releases referred to Tweak as A&H’s FIRST iPhone app – no reason why all this stuff needs to fit into tweak, maybe iMonitor is the next step?

Exactly! “Tweak” is perfect for roaming with an iPhone, “tweaking” a system. But if you want to MIX a show, perhaps “iMix” or “iFOH” for the iPad would be the right tool. It’s not likely I’m ever gonna want to mix a complex show on an iPhone… but on an iPad you’d have room to bring up Super Channel and just like in Editor open up a section of a strip. THAT would replace a tablet running Editor.

I agree that some apps should remain SIMPLE with less likelihood of screwing up on the fly. But other apps could take care of more complex tasks. Different tools for different purposes.

I’ll definitely keep Tweak on my iPhone for easy access, but I’d LOVE a more complex app on an iPad that would give me the control of Editor so I could mix on it if I had to… or grab the iPad and go out on deck with the muso’s and build their mixes right there with them.

Ian

Profile photo of JustinSumrall
    JustinSumrall
    Participant

Does anyone have pictures of how Tweak looks on their iPad? All I have seen is the iPhone screen shots. Also, I would like to be able to select what features are associated with the inputs. Delay would have been the last feature I would have used.

Justin Sumrall
    2-T112 2-IDR48

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

This comment nailed it on the head… this should be the way A&H head with this whole iiLive concept :)

quote:

Originally posted by Ian Auger

quote:

Biggsounds: I guess the happy medium might be another app? I mean, all the press releases referred to Tweak as A&H’s FIRST iPhone app – no reason why all this stuff needs to fit into tweak, maybe iMonitor is the next step?

Exactly! “Tweak” is perfect for roaming with an iPhone, “tweaking” a system. But if you want to MIX a show, perhaps “iMix” or “iFOH” for the iPad would be the right tool. It’s not likely I’m ever gonna want to mix a complex show on an iPhone… but on an iPad you’d have room to bring up Super Channel and just like in Editor open up a section of a strip. THAT would replace a tablet running Editor.

I agree that some apps should remain SIMPLE with less likelihood of screwing up on the fly. But other apps could take care of more complex tasks. Different tools for different purposes.

I’ll definitely keep Tweak on my iPhone for easy access, but I’d LOVE a more complex app on an iPad that would give me the control of Editor so I could mix on it if I had to… or grab the iPad and go out on deck with the muso’s and build their mixes right there with them.

Ian

Profile photo of kjell@jll.no
    kjell@jll.no
    Participant

I have not found any IPAD app, so the IPAD app looks like the IPhone APP. Just larger [:D]

Kjell Arne Sveiven
    T112/IDR??

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I think Tweak Vers 1 is great! Thanks A&H – but here is my wish list for possible improvements:

1: a “Mixer” view with multiple faders. At the moment you can only access one fader at a time. I would like to be able to adjust fader levels and mutes right from the channel selector. For example if you have the “Inputs” window open then each channel displayed should actually be a fader with a Mute switch. If you take the current input view and lock the rotation, and lie the iPhone on it’s side (Landscape view) you then have named vertical channels that you can scroll left/Right. Now imagine them all being a fader so you don’t need to go into each strip to adjust the level. This would allow more than one channel to be adjusted at a time (important for dual mono stereo sources). You would still have the blue arrow at the top say to go into each channel for detailed EQ etc and a side “Channel selector” button to go back to select the mix type (Inputs/Mix/FX etc).
    The strips may need to be made slightly wider but you should be able to view access at least 8-10 channels at a time.

2: Once logged in would it be possible to stay logged when switching apps with iphone OS4 multitasking? At the moment if you switch to a different app and then back to Tweak you need to log in again – Select user/enter password each time. Bit of a pain and I assume the only way around this is to disable user/passwords completely?

3: An “Are you Sure” warning before EQ settings get flattened!

4: In the GEQ window – how about being able to scroll the blue selection area by swiping left/right in the Top Overview window and have the faders below scroll. Not sure if this is even possible with the iphone operating system as you would have two swipe zones within the one window?

5: Also in the GEQ overview window an indication of the freq’s – Even just one (text) indication every Octave

6: Can we have a mix master level fader in or next to the GEQ window? So that when tweaking foldback eq you have quick access to it.

7: I also would like the “Mix” functionality as previously requested by others to be able to remotely dial up monitor mix’s

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix
    3: An “Are you Sure” warning before EQ settings get flattened!

YES PLEASE!!! (my ears still hurt from my unfortunate clumsy fingered screwup with this button)

quote:

6: Can we have a mix master level fader in or next to the GEQ window? So that when tweaking foldback eq you have quick access to it.

That would be VERY useful.

quote:

7: I also would like the “Mix” functionality as previously requested by others to be able to remotely dial up monitor mix’s

Me Too Please!

and above all… make an iPad Tweak version to use full iPad resolution. I havent yet tried Tweak on an iPad myslef, but I’m told it just shows up in an iPhone size window. At iPhone screen size it is quite awkward to use PEQ (“pinch” bandwidth is near impossible for me to control accurately).

If this is incorrect and Tweak does indeed appear “full screen” on an iPad, PLEASE someone correct me… and I’ll buy an iPad right now!

Ian

Biggsounds
    Participant

I’d still say save your money until theres an app which utilizes the size and abilities of an iPad (including, please please please, multitouch capabilities!)- while I agree the functions like pinch etc are fiddly on an iPhone, I’m waiting to see some of the above suggestions implemented before I spring for one (they’re over $600 for the base model here!)!!!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i think ,like i mentioned before, mix access
    (musician can adjust his monitoring) should do,i personally prefere having editor being “perfectionised” for touch and computer
    such as:
    pan slider instead of buttons,more numerical inputs
    (i want to type in values anywhere possible)
    resize custom layout e.t.c)
    customizable keyb shortcuts (f1 to f12 selects mix and flips the page to the selected mix)
    and restricted access,
    so a musician can only mess up his ears not anybody elses…

the tweak thing is very cool indeed but as long i cant use it for preparing monitors (using mixes) it is not very interesting,most of the (filthy rich) swiss musicians have i phones so that would be really usefull here in chocolate heaven.

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.