iPhone app suggestions

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPhone app suggestions

This topic contains 34 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MissingLink MissingLink 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I know I know, it’s only been out a day, but somebody had to start this thread!!!
    So far I have to say you guys have really done a wonderful job on this app, it syncs beautifully, is smooth running even when you cut and change between channels very quickly, the tracking in editor is REALLY smooth with very low latency, and it looks fantastic… all that said:

The biggest wishes so far from me are –

1) please port the ‘MIX’ buttons across!!! I love being able to select the mix key on a given channel and then scooting across my auxes and fx quickly while roaming the stage and setting up monitors, if the app had the facility to select a channel mix and then roam the mixes & fx that would make this app PERFECT for setting up monitors… maybe I’m missing something but as it stands now it really only seems useful for FOH duties.

2) PAFL & RTA? I appreciate that porting the RTA across might be a big engineering challenge, but again for setting up monitors in a hurry this would be brilliant

3) PAN control on the inputs? Honestly, I could happily live without the delays per input channel if you need to compromise (maybe make that user selectable if its a processing issue?).

I won’t whinge any further because you have already in version one created the single most useful app in the iTunes store – THANKYOU!!!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of cozajones
    cozajones
    Participant

I bought an ipad yesterday in anticipation of this app coming out (only to find out the ipad won’t ship for 2 weeks) I currently use my 17in macbook pro wirelessly to configure my in-ear monitors while on stage (select my stereo aux, select mix button, have full control of my own monitor sound) much better this way as im not limited to a select number of channels as other wireless monitor control options out there.

now, if only i could do the same on my (coming) ipad. I agree with Biggsounds… this is perfect as is for FOH, but for my application, I also need “the facility to select a channel mix and then roam the mixes & fx”.

Please A&H make this an update soon!

T112 (FOH)
    IDR48 (FOH)
    ACE Card (connected to)
    IDR16 (for video room)
    24″ iMac w/ iLive Editor (video room mixer)
    22″ MSI touchscreen w/ iLive Editor (stage monitor mixing)
    17″ MacBook Pro (personal in-ear monitor mixing)

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I would also like the ability to control mixes of auxes,fx etc.. Maybe you could have a tree of assigned channels for each one. I think this would be more usefull than the delay…at least to me.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Biggsounds
    Participant

Yep, I’d happily swap the delay for those other features

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I just bought the AC-7 pro app for iPad; it’s a control surface for DAW software…logic etc. Here’s a thought though, if could communicate with iLive editor, we could have full functionality on the laptop, and a really portable set of hands-on controls on the iPad. It all works very, very well via the wireless network. Could be worth A&H talking to those guys.

https://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/AC-7_Pro.html

Biggsounds
    Participant

I’ve been thinking seriously about the AC7 app with Stix’s Logic Environment, might be a match made in heaven (albeit within the limitations of iLive’s midi spec) if they couldn’t integrate something similar into the iLive app…

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

Seems to me that the ability to control aux sends across a number of channels would be a very handy way of keeping artists happy. Rock up to them with the handheld, ask them what they want in their mix and just be able to do it.

Don’t lose existing features though – the current ones are very useful especially for first-time setup in a venue. Can’t wait to receive our setup to give this whole shebang a go!

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

Biggsounds
    Participant

Or by extension a stage full of musicians with iPhones is a much cheaper option than an Aviom rig!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

Or by extension a stage full of musicians with iPhones is a much cheaper option than an Aviom rig!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

should work good untill someones phone rings in the middle of a gig :P

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

meters!!! thats all im gonna say for now…..
    maybe a tap function for FX?
    and mix function would be great!

Biggsounds
    Participant

I guess the monitor setup thing goes beyond the mix button, really it would need to include full preamp control to be able to do away with the laptop on stage to tune up to any significant degree (even if you haven’t got comp/limiter control I could live with that)

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

frozenwaffles
    Participant

I think everyone needs to not loose site of the best thing about this app, simplicity! If this thing gets complicated then it will just get too messy…

Biggsounds
    Participant

Simple is fine for FOH (I mean we get it, it’s called ‘tweak’, not complete system tuner), but if they brought across even just the MIX button feature it would just be killer for so many more duties… I’m loving it for what it is so far, just trying to be constructive as to where they have the potential to take it.

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

frozenwaffles
    Participant

Hi, Biggsounds..yeah i aggree. preamp control from this i think is dangerous…
    the way i see it, this app is not for setup, its more as a system assistant.
    like a page of all the chanels etc of just mute buttons would be great…so when mr guitarist is about to unplug you can quickly mute just that channel.
    the other night i was mixing a soloist and an acustic at a corporate gig, no FOH, worked a treat and was just amazing…
    i sat down at a table with one of the delegates and just blended in, ‘tweaked’ the levels and went back to ops….very nice and discrete!

Biggsounds
    Participant

I’m all for ease of use but lets face it, as a profession we’re not a simple toys kind of group are we ;) – The other option for doing what I’m suggesting is of course a VNC client linked to editor, but as mentioned elsewhere on the forum Allen & Heath has a unique product amongst the digital console brands & you can guarantee that every other company downloaded Tweak the day it was released too… best to stay ahead of the game and provide an app that turns heads before everybody else gets in on the action I say!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.