New software version 1.7 is here!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions New software version 1.7 is here!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jheimberg
    jheimberg
    Participant

Sam – thanks – working good now!

Another question – is there any way to set an aux send to pre-channel compressor?

Take care,

http://www.soundadvicetraining.com

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jheimberg

..is there any way to set an aux send to pre-channel compressor?

Routing –> AUX Send Source…

Greetings,
    Walter

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Jonathan

quote:

Another question – is there any way to set an aux send to pre-channel compressor?

To Set an Aux send point first select the aux you wish to change – then press the routing button below the touchscreen – there will be a drop down box in the top right of the touchscreen which will allow you to change the send point of the selected Aux.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Good release – 1.7 – but I can not understand why you made a Phaser when nobody was asking for it – many people were wishing an distortion effect and an pitcher – or an multiband compressor…
    And a feature that was asked before – Delaytime (in the Delay FX) in BPM also.
    Thanks.

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Hi Albin,

We have various DSP research projects underway. We take DSP/FX development very seriously. We only release algorithms or emulations once they are top notch.
    The moo phaser emulation was ongoing research, which was ready for release. We wanted to model a particular phaser with offset control, 12 stage and that unique sound.
    Suffice to say the phaser emulation relies on harmonic distortion techniques to get the sound right. So you know where our research efforts are going in the future.
    And yes multiband compression, dynamic EQ and pitch shifting are also topics in our research programme.
    cheers RobC

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i love the phaser just used it today to phaten up lowend on two metal guitars (growlgrowl “how do you do that” said the bands ing.)

IDEA:

for really luxury classic/folk accoustic e.t.c. events
    i`d love to give up 4 effects (4 DSP`s ?) to make out of 4, one ridicoulous good roomsimulator a la bricasti, please let me know if i am going nuts here

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jheimberg

Sam – thanks – working good now!

Take care,

http://www.soundadvicetraining.com

Yea this one would be good for me too. I know you can subgroup stuff and then compress but it would be nice to compress on the channel without it affecting your monitors.
    Jim

R72 & IDR32

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

@Jim:

This one was already answered before:
    Routing –> AUX Send Source… and there you can choose at which point you want to start the aux path. So, yes, it’s possible :)

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Thanks mumu (Dave),

I worked very hard on the phaser. The mid range growl is very accurate. combination of 12 stage accuracy and harmonic distortion originally caused by analogue electronics.

I am sure you have tried the manual mode.
    But for others … set the depth to zero and sweep the offset manually. To make it easy to use we have put the listening notes as china graph on the panel.
    6 stage is nice too – less growl.

robc

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t own a mix rack yet but I’m on the verge of going for it. Been playing around with the editor software quite a bit and thought a GEQ individual fader could be returned to 0db by double clicking on the fader itself. Not sure whether this is possible or whether it throws up any potential issues…?

Cheers,

Gary.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Hi Gary, I don’t speak for anyone but myself here, but that feature would make me pretty nervous (the potential to induce wailing feedback through a monitor send via an erroneous keystroke always makes me nervous!). The iPhone app has a feature which returns ALL the bands to 0, and I’ve seen a bit of input on the forum so far on having a safety (are you sure?) message attached to that – you could really ruin your whole day with a mi**** there!!!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.