does not sound right

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions does not sound right

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of victor
    victor
    Participant

I have two surfaces and a idr32 idr0 but the sound sounds with high frecuencies cut, on the monitors sounds good but in the main output can be heard with the high cut, what would be improperly connected or configured

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Victor

I am afraid we will need more information to find out why your system does not seem to be working correctly.

What is your system topology? how are the systems connected? Do both systems have the same problem?
    What is the signal path of your audio? to the main out put and to the monitors?
    can you find out where in the signal chain you lose the high frequncy? this can be done by using the PAFL bus
    Do you have EQ enanbles on the input or mix channels that could be causing the loss in high frequency?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Does the problem go away if you recall a template factory show?

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Check the mains for Shelves inadvertantly left in, bit of finger trouble possibly.

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

check that the subs and top boxes are on the correct amplifiers and are being fed by the right signal. if you are doing our trick and using two matrices for Subs and top boxes you may have the outputs incorrectly wired or swapped on the front.

or a faulty cable or two…

i.e. the fault may not be in the desk will probably be after your frequency dividing device (Desk/X-over/2 wire Speakon for a 4 wire requirement)

Profile photo of victor
    victor
    Participant

convert analog to digital audio via madi, then I connect to the idr0, I also connect microphones in the idr32 and them connect to the idr0, when I hear it in pafl monitors the audio sounds good but when listening on digital output AES is sounds like out of phase is not canceled but is cut off high frequencies and increase a bit the mids.is something of latency between the idr0 and idr32 or clock?

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

It may not be related to your problem, but did you change your AudioSync options (under Mixer Pref) to come from your PortB clock?
    If you are getting input from your PortB card, you should change your clock to come from there as well.
    Just a thought.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Victor

Are you still having problems with your system?

There could be a possible latency issue, are you sending a copy of the same signal from each mixrack to the same output? as this would cause latency issues?

Please contact A&H technical support if your problem persists these guys will be able to resolve your issue.

https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/

Best regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.