Info on potential iPhone (& iPad?) app?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Info on potential iPhone (& iPad?) app?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robc robc 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

In terms of DHCP, we do the following…

Set the IP address of your I-Lives using a fixed manual address.
    Configure the router and enable DHCP with a pool of addresses away from the I-Live addresses. This way your I-Live will always have the same address and laptops can connect using DHCP and pickup an address in the right range.

We also configure our I-Lives so they are compatible with our companies network. That way we can plug them into our network and configure them from our desktops in the office (which is a lot warmer at this time of year).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks Toby, So the IP address of the router itself should also be set outside the range of the iLives? I take it the DDWRT firmware will allow me to set the DHCP address range? Looking forward to getting the new router and getting this set up now.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Check out the iLive Reference Guide AP6526 on their site – it lists suggested IP addresses for everything including the router (and yes, that should be a fixed address outside the range you set for DHCP as far as I understand – I didn’t do this initially & I had issues with it dropping connection only to find the IP address of the router clashed with my Mixrack)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Got it working perfectly yesterday, thanks fir all the guidance guys. The linksys WRT54GL is set to 192.168.100, DHCP enabled starting at 192.168.1.101. I added some wireless security and anything I connected worked fine; iPad, iPhone and of course laptop. One of the bands I engineer for are now all excited about having access to their IEM mixes via net books. [:0]

Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

Hello A&H.

You guys did a wonderful job on “Tweak”. VERY handy tool. But can you give us iLive owners an idea on what’s planned for an iPad app? Is there something currently being designed that will give us more control for MIXING a show and not just tweaking a system?

Not looking for promises or actual dates… just trying to see if I should buy another tablet for Editor – my tablet is dead and I need something that does more than Tweak. If you’re working on an app that does more that Tweak and takes advantage of the iPad’s larger screen then I’ll wait for that, but if not I’ll just buy another tablet and run Editor. But it would really be nice to know so I can get a plan together.

I’m sure you know the Yammy folk have noticed Tweak and how quickly A&H is evolving the iLive features… if you guys come out with a full featured iPad mixing app I’m sure you’ll blow a few minds. Not to mention start making people consider the iLive more seriously… I think there are a LOT of M7 owners that would love the iLive if they had a reason to look into it more closely!

Thanks for a great console A&H. Keep it up!

Ian

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Thanks Ian,
    Glad you like Tweak.
    We are developing more i apps for various platforms and yes we have an ipad in R&D. Also we continue to support features for Editor. Both have a place. Too early to say much more. You maybe best to wait just a little longer if you can.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.