Info on potential iPhone (& iPad?) app?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Info on potential iPhone (& iPad?) app?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robc robc 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

Hey A&H, my Motion tablet just died and I don’t want to go without remote control of my iLiveT (I’m hooked on the convenience!) so I was going to purchase another tablet right away. But then I read about the upcoming v1.7 with support for iPhone app, as well as the following quote from another thread here; “he also saw the pre-release of the iPhone app & said that he figured anyone using an iLive that didn’t already have an iPhone would buy one when they saw the app!

Well now, that might change things. If I knew what the iPhone app looked like or was capable of, and if it was going to be even better on the iPad, I’d just buy and iPad instead of another tablet.

So is there any way you can give us a sneak preview of what the app will do? How it is laid out? Please? Even just a brief description! It’s not like you’d be divulging any great secrets… We already know what our consoles will do, and we know the app is coming.

Thanks.

Ian

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Ian

The iPhone app “iLive Tweak” will be available for download shortly, probably early next week, from the App store free of charge and it requires V1.70 to work. The app will run on the iPhone 3 / 3G / 3GS and 4, it also runs on the iPad.

In terms of features iLive Tweak provides a screen for selecting a MixRack and then logging in based on the security profiles defined on the system.

Once connected, a top level menu organised by channel type, allows the user to browse and selected a desired channel to control.

After selecting a channel the user can then control Channel Level, Mute, Delay, EQ and GEQ (Where appropriate).

We’d be really interested in everyone’s feedback and I’m sure the feature request list will grow quite quickly !

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

Is there any word about ANDROID platform support?

Burak

Profile photo of Gijsbert
    Gijsbert
    Participant

ANDROID remote would be nice….!

Gijsbert

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Wicked! looking forward to the app!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Like Ian said, this may even be reason enough to get an iPad (can’t say I’ve seen the point of them otherwise!)!
    I guess the main thing is the ability to adjust an aux send level for a given channel while viewing that aux’s GEQ (as per the PAFL view with the selected channel displayed next to the graphic – if it will do that well it’ll be the perfect thing for tuning monitors & I’ll be happy!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of ryanp
    ryanp
    Participant

I’m upgrading to 1.70 today
    Will be awaiting the app next week!

I wonder if there is different “versions” specific to iPhone, then iPad – as the larger screen really needs a different layout/gui

T112 + iDR48

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks for 1.7 guys. Having been involved with digital consoles for a number of years, I can’t stress strongly enough how the regular updates give the user confidence in a manufacturer’s support ethic…it’s not always like this! The iPad app is making my mouth water; and for the doubters, guys, I have to say that the iPad is the single most useful device that I’ve ever owned. There’s not one amazing thing I can say about it, but it does an amazing number of un-amazing things. Ade. [:)]

Biggsounds
    Participant

I’d say the same about the iPhone, but I can carry that in my pocket ;) – but if the app is really cool I might add an iPad to my Christmas wish list!
    Only thing so far is that judging by the description it won’t be a multitouch mixing arrangement, that’d be very cool (love to see multitouch support for editor in future revisions for us Win7 users!)

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

Hey Andy… when does “Early Next Week” officially start?? [:D]

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yeah, just email it to us guys NOW. We won’t complain if it blows up…honest! I just got my iDR 48 working wirelessly for the first time. I Know there’s some previous talk on routers but just to bring things up to date, which router should I get for live use? It will probably need to live in a rack and will need to keep working reliably at 50 – 60 metres. Any advice?

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

We use Linksys WRT54GS routers. Screw the mounting bracket to the top of a rack and mount it upside down. In this position it is exactly 1 rack space high and fills half a rack unit.

Make sure you re-flash the router with the ddwrt firmware. This enables it to do all sorts of clever tricks including becoming a DHCP server. That way laptops can be used on the wired or wireless i-live network without needing to manually assign them an IP address.

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Adrian,

In terms of routers, if your running an iPhone 4 or iPad then any 802.11n capable router would be a good bet, they typically have better wireless range than 802.11g. If not a 802.11g capable router will be fine.

Some ‘n’ routers also now support the new dual band standard in most countries which introduces a new frequency range at around 5Ghz.

If you believe the marketing the higher frequency helps with signal reflection and will cover more of the dead spots in a room. Also less chance of interference from existing hardware operating on the 2.4Ghz range.

At this time only the iPad makes use of the dual band technology.

iPhone 4 works with ‘n’ – just on the older 2.4Ghz range.

All other iPhones are ‘g’ capable.

In terms of manufacturer, we don’t currently have a list of recommended models. We purchased a Linksys / Cisco WRT610N for our testing, which can operate simultaneously on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Hope this helps

Andy
    A&H

Biggsounds
    Participant

I have an iPhone 3GS & a Netgear Wireless N300 router & it works wonderfully…

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks guys, I just ordered a Linksys router as suggested. So do you folks enable DHCP? I’ve got this working with a manual IP address set on my Macbook Pro and DHCP disabled, but It’s a bit of a pain to do, and often it fails to connect. If I enable DHCP on the router, do I have to then enable ‘use DHCP’ for the mix rack? Sorry for all the questions but this will probably save me days of trial and error.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.