Backup PSU

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Is the IPS10 single option for iDR48?
    It’s a bit expensive, so I thought for T series might be some other option available. Basically it should be not more complicated/expensive than PSU for analog console.

ddff

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I believe it is the same PSU as for the iLive, as well as the supply rails it has telemetry monitoring also it is universal in input voltage so usable throughout the world. As the PSU is a most vital part of the system If a manufacturer spends time and money to design and produce a reliable well designed product that works my thoughts are you have to expect to Must be cheaper than loosing a gig?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

So what? Mainly all new PSU units are 90 … 240V, let’s take DPS-4 from Soundcraft (used for MH2 consoles) – it has +/- 15 VDC, +5 VDC and +48 VDC with quite serious output currents. I think there shouldn’t be much more in this IPS10 unit. Basically it’s a simple switchmode unit with appropriate DC output voltages. The monitoring would be necessary just for the PSU itself (to shut down in case of wrong output values or overload), not the other end, as you can sum DC via diodes (just have to add 0.6V that is dropped across the diode). Technically it’s quite straight forward piece of equipment so I relly don’t get why it should cost double price of similar units.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.