Laptop control

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Laptop control

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AppliedStucco AppliedStucco 13 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AppliedStucco
    AppliedStucco
    Participant

Hello…

A question I couldn’t answer by reading your site and the manuals. Is it possible to wirelessly control one Mixrack by two or more laptops?
    If possible, are the changes made on one laptop visible in realtime on the others too?

Thanks

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yep – up to about 18 or so laptops approx. Changes should update in (close to) realtime. For faster updates of metering etc you can use the multicast mode if your router supports it.
    See this from a previous post from Andy (A&H):
    The maximum number of connections for any part of the iLive system is 20. However in connecting a surface and touch screen computer to a rack 2 connections are used on each node, therefore I think 18 Editor sessions is the upper limit …. however there is an inherent load placed on the rack with each additional editor connected which will have the affect of lowering the frame rate of the system, not to mention at 18 sessions you are probably over the ethernet limit for 10 Base T and 80211b.

So with that many connections I suspect the surface response would be sluggish.

The multicast work being done for 1.60 should address this issue and allow the full number of connections to not affect the responsiveness of the system, but your 3rd party networking H/W will need to be compliant for this to work.

Hope this helps

Of course multicast is now available so quite a few can connect!

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of AppliedStucco
    AppliedStucco
    Participant

This is so great!

I really think you should make it clearer on your website. It is such an important plus-point for iLive that it should definitely be highlighted more.

Keep up the good work!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.