Crashes or Lockups…?!?!?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Crashes or Lockups…?!?!?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cdennewitz cdennewitz 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Chad

Please make sure that you are not connecting ACE to the network as this would cause Net bridge error.
    If all iLive devices are on the network only one device needs to connect to a computer, it sounds like you could be causing a network loop.

frozenwaffles
    It sounds like you have had some bad luck with your iDR16 mixrack, let me know how you get on with your new mixrack.
    Just to clarify about the relays

quote:

hmmm well yes those clicks are very BAD!!!!

The relays are not BAD!

There are several relays (which will cause Clicks coming from inside the mixrack itself not the outputs) within an iDR mixrack each output socket has a mute relay when is disabled once the mixrack has booted on powerup, If the system looses power then the mute relay should enable so that you do not get any pops out of the output sockets to cause any damage to PA systems connected to an output socket.
    If the output mutes are turning on and off intermittently this would suggest a possible power supply fault.
    There is also another relay that enables/disables the pad circuit on each of the input preamp sockets.

Hope this helps

Sam A&H

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Chad,

It sounds like you are creating a network loop. Ethernet 100BaseTx should be connected as a star topology. As the ACE aggregates the Ethernet control as well as the Audio link this also applies to systems connected via ACE. If you connect 2 units via both ACE and the other network sockets you have created a ring topology (or loop) that causes a broadcast storm on the network, the first indication of this is the net bridge warning LED lighting. Any computer attach to any of the network sockets in the system will be able to “see” all the units on the system without having to add any other network links (they are already linked via ACE).

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Hi Sam, we have a new iDR16 and now it all works perfectly. Clarification on the ‘clicks’…ours were just constantly clicking…like never stopping and then occasionally stoping and then starting again.
    now with the new iDR16 its all beautiful, one set of decents clicks on power or or anytime the system reboots, otherwise no random clocks and they ststem functions as intended. once again back to being a super happy iLive flag waver! no that i was ever not happy as i realise these things happen, as long as the unit was replaced with no questions…which it was so all 100% good!

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Anyone had issues with running Editor under Windows 7 Professional? Just upgraded the OS on my laptops to this before a show on the weekend and since then I’ve had 3 lockups on Editor (freezes – have to force shutdown & them restart it)… Nothing else has been changed on the system & I’ve got minimal software installed other than the music & lighting stuff (brand new i7 laptops too, so they should be totally fine to cope)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

we run in Win7 properly, but since the software is not desinged for Win7 i would still be clicking the ‘compitibility option’ under properties for the application…. dont see why you should be having any issues anyway…its JAVA!

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Thanks – I’ll give that a try & see if it improves stability… ps are you a mate of Andy Walters? He mentioned a sound guy he knew who was an iLive devotee when I was talking to him about getting the system

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of cdennewitz
    cdennewitz
    Participant

Thanks for the info portion on my system. I was not plugged into the ace plug, as they are all taken up by my ACE connections. It does make sense that I was sending the same info on two systems and that is why I had issues. My though was it would be more of a back up, so if my Dura Cat going to the stage were broken I could still take control over that IDR, I now have it setup so I can plug in a network cable if needed to take over control in an emergency.

Chad

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.