Intercom setup with T112 and IDR48?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Intercom setup with T112 and IDR48?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lawbass61 lawbass61 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

Has anyone come up with a good set up for an intercom setup between FOH and backstage to communicate both ways? So far what I am thinking is to use the Talkback and a dedicated Aux for me to talk with my backstage tech, then for him/her to talk back with me, use 1 of the 48 inputs for a mic for him/her and route it back to yet another aux using one of the 1/4 local outputs on the T112. Haven’t set it up yet, but seems it might work. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I have tried a couple of different ways for different sized events.

It depends if you want an intercom or a ‘shout box’.
    We use the shout box method fairly frequently now.

Mic goes into any input then at the other end, dial up an output as a direct out source for that mic. Plug into a powered speaker and adjust the volume on the speaker to taste.

This doesn’t use up any busses and also means you don’t need any faders or controls on the i-live surface.

You just use the mic to ‘shout’ at the other end to put their com sets on and then do the actual communication through a headset.

lawbass61
    Participant

I wish that would work, but for most of my events (theatre primarily) having a live speaker would be a problem. I am trying to come up with something where my stage tech can use a one sided earphone, and I can use a phone. I just learned about a really cool product, and just ordered a pair. Its a CAT5e input that splits to two XLRM. Put an XLRF adapter to tie in the mics on one of them on each end, and apparently you have the world’s cheapest intercom via CAT cable. I will let you know how it turns out.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Built in clearcom or something similar would be nice.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

lawbass61
    Participant

Actually, something that I would think should be easy to do from a programming point of view would be to let at our option one input channel and two output channels plus the TB be configured that way so that perhaps, at our wish, we could use the headphone output of both the surface and the Mixrack to serve as listening comms, the TB from the surface to serve as the talker to the Mixrack backstage, and a mic backstage that could come in on the headphone output on the surface. Any chance of that A & H?

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.