mix automation

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions mix automation

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of josiaspicone
    josiaspicone
    Participant

is there anyway to automate a mix for studio aplications? I want to mix some recordings but I need some automations, like move some faders up and down, change eq, and fx sending.

Solo se que no se nada

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

try midi remote

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

yes, i would like to be able to do this sort of things live.

We have a Playback guy who can send everyone timecode / midi signals, this is something i would like to know how to do!

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

i tried it already with nuendo…just hit record on a miditrack and record your changes at the surface.
    when you playback this trck, the changes you made will be recalled, incl. fadermoving…and so on

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

The iLive MIDI spec only supports channel *Fader levels and mutes, DCA assignments, program change messages and name/colour of channels can also be sent/received. You cannot send or recieve FX sends, pans, eq changes etc via midi. The only way to have these things automated is to use program change messages to recall the iLive scenes – this will give you “snapshot” automation.
    You can record the midi stream as Selfmade suggested to record *(see above)*changes – then at playback they will be repeated. You could also edit the midi data to make changes if you know how in the software you use.
    If you use logic then my LC-iLive environment should let you use the iLive as a virtual Mackie control (supports levels,mutes,DCA assignments and scene program changes) You shouldn’t need to have an actual Mackie control connected for this to work – The iLive fader moves etc can be recorded/ replayed using logic’s automation as if it were a Mackie Control (no touch mode though). I will give this a test and get back to you all.
    LC-iLive Logic environment Demo video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhMbfmfpPoQ

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

OK – With my LC-iLive environment at this stage you would still need the Mackie Control to write automation data directly into each track in Logic. I may modify it to allow the ilive surface to directly write automation data in a future version. I have tested and it can be done but it would take some time which I don’t have spare at the moment!

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

richard i have to say: this is a killer job!!!!![:D]

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Thanks very much Dave – appreciate it.

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.