two mix rack two surface

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions two mix rack two surface

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of uri
    uri
    Participant

we working with firmware 1.63 we fix two mix rack with 1 surface
    now we want to conect another surface to monitoring . how and can we do it?

Profile photo of cdennewitz
    cdennewitz
    Participant

From what I understand if you do that you are just setting up the regular moniotr system as in previous versions. There currently is no way to set up the new dual stage box setup where you have inputs going into both boxes and connect two surfaces and share inputs from both as a digital split. The issue is the second surface needs it’s own dsp. I have heard that in the future this may be possible but it would require a third IDR for the DSP for the second surface.

Chad

Profile photo of schaibaa
    schaibaa
    Participant

I’m pretty sure this is possible and easy — give Dave a call. The training classes he does have all 7 surfaces and mixracks linked together.

Profile photo of cdennewitz
    cdennewitz
    Participant

Yes he does, I was in one of them, but the other consoles were only able to use the inputs from the first IDR, if you were to plug in inputs to the later boxes the first console would not be able to see it. What he was doing was the digital split that was always avalible. With 1.6 you can use inputs from two IDRs to one surface, taking that one surface to 128 channels of DSP. The issues is that since both IDRs are being controled from one surface there is no way to share control of the IDR’s This setup is for situations like mine where I have a bunch of wireless at FOH and need alot of inputs on stage. The only way right now for me to do a true monitor split is to have an analog split and go into a third IDR. Tha is the setup that is currently going out with Brad Paisley, he has Three IDR’s, and an analog split.

Chad

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Uri

Just to make it clear you cannot currently connect 2 surfaces to 2 mixracks we only support dual mixrack with 1 surface.

Here is a link to a previous forum post regarding dual surface: https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1017

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.