Anyone on a Mac and editor 1.61 ?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Anyone on a Mac and editor 1.61 ?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCC GCC 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Klaus
    Klaus
    Participant

Hi
    first post, greetings to everyone [:)]
    I’m checking out editor 1.61 on a mac offline, anyone on a mac here ?

Best

Klaus

https://www.redmountain.ch

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Hi Klaus,

I have the editor 1.61. running on a mac 10.6.3 without problems so far. I am under the impression that recalling an saving shows takes longer than on my windows. not with version 1.61 in particular but also with the previous versions.

cheers

T112/IDR48
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Klaus
    Klaus
    Participant

Hi Lieven thanks for reply !
    I tried 1.61 on a G4 PPC 1 GHz 1 GBRam, 10.5.4
    > not loading ( the ‘please wait’ bar stays forever )
    Then tried it on a fresh install on a Mini Intel core duo,
    10.5.4, opens fine.
    Now my question :
    I want to explore the ‘iLive’ feel and look ‘offline’,
    but can’t figure out, how to create routings…
    Set up prefs….and outputs.
    Is this not possible in ‘offline’ mode ?
    The help says to use the ‘mix switch on the surface’, but offline
    and no surface ?
    BTW
    Are there more Mac users ?

Best

Klaus

Profile photo of Klaus
    Klaus
    Participant

Question to WIN users :
    Editor 1.61 offline mode iDR16, can you assign routings without a hardwarebox connected ?
    TIA Klaus

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Klaus,

concerning the routing and mixing. It can be done offline. Every input and mix channel has its mix button in the editor ( and on the actual surface as well ) if you want to assign a certain channel to a certain mix then select the mix button off that mix and you will see that all the input channel change color, than you can use the on button and post/pre on top of each input channel to assign it to that mix and use the channel faders to feed how much signal you want to go to the mix. you better download the editor manual from the A&H website. this function is better explained with pictures than i can do here.

regards

T112/IDR48

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

quote:

Now my question :
    I want to explore the ‘iLive’ feel and look ‘offline’,
    but can’t figure out, how to create routings…
    Set up prefs….and outputs.
    Is this not possible in ‘offline’ mode ?
    The help says to use the ‘mix switch on the surface’, but offline
    and no surface ?

To answer your question…Find the input you want to work on routings with and hit the ‘MIX’ key at the bottom of that strip. Then go to the mix tab and turn on or off the group, aux, main, matrix, etc, that you want to send it to. You can even set the pre/post for the aux at this point. Then hit the mix key again to exit that routing setup for that input, or you can select another input. There is more than one way to do this but this will get you started.
    Another way you can do this is work with the routings for each output one at a time and then assign the inputs to it buy selecting the mix key under the mix fader and then selcet the input on or off to that output.

I think the “MIX switch on the surface” is refering to having the surface showing in the editor and then selecting the mix key under a fader in that view.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Lieven,
    We must have been typing at the same time, you just beat me to it. I like the way you said it better though.

Profile photo of Klaus
    Klaus
    Participant

Thanks a lot Lieven and Kris !
    I am not to familiar with the A & H website, and couldn’t find the manual for the editor 1.61,
    anyone can provide a link ?

Thanks a lot

Klaus

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Klaus,

Sorry, there is no dedicated editor manual to download, only the reference manual.My mistake. Although it works in a similar way on the live surface. I suggest you download the reference manual and take a look at the principle off the mix buttons. It is explained there with pictures.

Once you get it, it is actually very easy to mix on. It works in 2 directions. from the channel side and from the group/aux/main side.

kind regards

T112/IDR48

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

Klaus,
    If you open help in the editor and select help contents, then go to getting started there is some information there. I also have a PDF of the release and help notes from version 1.32 that might be of some help to you. If you would like, I will send a copy to you, just get your email address to me. I’m not sure if there is any information in it that is not in the help notes.

Kris

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of Klaus
    Klaus
    Participant

Thanks guys, I’ll dive more into editor, you helped me for the moment.

Best luck

Klaus

Profile photo of GCC
    GCC
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Klaus

Hi
    first post, greetings to everyone [:)]
    I’m checking out editor 1.61 on a mac offline, anyone on a mac here ?

Best

Klaus

Hi I’m Mac user on 1.61 editor running iLive 176, LCRSub + FFills, Port B MADI and Galileo 616. Nice to meet you all!! [:D]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.