Suggestion – Automixer?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Suggestion – Automixer?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jimvoyager jimvoyager 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmills
    dmills
    Participant

Now that Dan Dougans patent has expired, I am just wondering about the possibility of implementing an automixer across some of the channels.

It would effectively appear as an inserted effect, pre fader on the channels that it is being used on and would be a killer feature for conference and some theatre work.

Any chance?

Regards, Dan.

Profile photo of grecoaudio
    grecoaudio
    Participant

Guess your gonna have to figure a way to insert analog (although with the additional d/a and a/d this might not be an option) or get a Yamaha, I was thinking about that and came across your post. I have a venue that needs one mix engine and multiple control surfaces and without an automixer plugin or way to implement a Dugan E1 the I live is a boat anchor to me.

http://www.grecoaudioservice.com

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

Yea, I would find an automixer useful too.
    But realistically can’t see it happening. Especially with the way the inputs are grouped in boards of 8.
    I’m thinking it’s a bit like the side chain issue, where the key controller signal has to be
    In the same group of 8 channels.
    Am I wrong?
    J

R72 & IDR32

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.