some suggestions and questions ?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions some suggestions and questions ?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Focus-Studio
    Focus-Studio
    Participant

Hello everybody

I have two T112 and one 48 MixRack and one 32 MixRack and we are very pleased .. to have them…!![:)]
    I wish to know if its possible to transfer via the system the in formations of the Iris Net ( Cobra 4 Dynacord with Power H amps and Fir) actually the protocol of communication with my amps it allows complete audio systems with a multitude of similar or different devices to be configured, supervised and controlled centrally from a single user interface. IRIS-Netâ„¢ supports Ethernet, CobraNetâ„¢, CAN-bus and USB and is open for future implementations as Dynacord says .
    and a second question if we link two raks can we have 8 + 8 fx or just the fx of one rack ?
    and a third how can i have near my racks on stage a AES3 (AES/EBU) digital output to feed my amps with digital sound ?the spdf output of the T112 have to be transfer from the foh to stage and convert to AES3 …

and some suggestions

1) communication between engineers foh and stage via talk !
    2) Peek level holder ……
    3) some way to know if the stage engineer change gain and maybe a way to compensate the changes made by him.
    4)A way to play pre show music with a mem stick

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

+1 on the peak level meter option. I was surprised when I couldn’t find one.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dschmoldt

+1 on the peak level meter option. I was surprised when I couldn’t find one.

David Schmoldt

The iLive meters are peak meters.

Pg 22

https://www.ilive-digital.com/Downloads/iLive_Reference%20Guide_AP6526_3.pdf

Peter

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Focus Studio

I wish to know if its possible to transfer via the system the in formations of the Iris Net ( Cobra 4 Dynacord with Power H amps and Fir)

1) communication between engineers foh and stage via talk !

3) some way to know if the stage engineer change gain and maybe a way to compensate the changes made by him.

I have a bunch of EV Tourgrade amps (basically a PowerH rebadged). Canbus & ACE are not compatible, they are totally different speeds and have totally different hardware as you know.

Not only that but which company would take on the expense of designing and building a “device” to make them compatible with each other? Its just not worth the hassle, besides its only an extra network cable to run.

Stage Talk
    The way to do this with 2 consoles and one mixrack is this:

Mon engineer plugs a switched mic into ch48 on mixrack

FOH plugs a little powered speaker into rear of his surface and maps ch48 direct output to this socket.

FOH eng then plugs into his TB socket on surface and routes this to a spare AUX (which he setup earlier)
    Map this AUX op to a mixrack op

Mon eng Then plugs a little powered speaker in this assigned socket.

**Of course a neat thing is to also go into “PAFL” on the desk and each engineer sets the ext input to headphone as TalkBack, thus not only do you get the shout system working, you also get talkback in your ears when you want to talk discreetly or cant hear the shout.

Gain Tracking
    Simply soundcheck and both of you switch to “Trim on Surface”… nuff said, less complicated and its here right now and works. If theres an input which suddenly needs padding because it explodes by 30dB then gain tracking wont help you here.

…. Or buy another mixrack and some splits [:D][:D][:D]

Regarding the AES3 question, the only way you can do this is to buy the IDR big daddy rack and the AES option card.

Or i guess you could by a little spdif/aes converter box, situate it at foh and run the AES cable back to amps, but this seems pointless to me.

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Focus-Studio
    Participant

sorry but witch devise exactly are you proposing for connection from mix racks idr48 to amps in AES/EBU ?[?]

Focus-Studio
    Participant

i mean hold on of one led …just to locate easily a clip or the maximum level …
    [;)]

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Focus Studio

Hello everybody

I have two T112 and one 48 MixRack and one 32 MixRack and we are very pleased .. to have them…!![:)]

and a third how can i have near my racks on stage a AES3 (AES/EBU) digital output to feed my amps with digital sound ?the spdf output of the T112 have to be transfer from the foh to stage and convert to AES3 …

Check this post as to the AES question.

https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1109

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.