HP TouchSmart computer with iLive.

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions HP TouchSmart computer with iLive.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 14 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant
    Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

i use the hp tx2 laptops with the multitouch displays…. they are awesome, i use them for the lake software too…

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

What interests me, is that these computers have reasonable size touch screens – around 24 inches.

It’s probably wishful thinking, but if the screen was large enough and worked well enough with the editor, you could almost consider mixing on it.

It may not be as good as a real surface, but it could be a useful addition for some monitor applications – better than doing it from FOH, not as good as a dedicated board (of course) but better than a lap top.

You could use it to display and operate a sub mix with a second person for a budget theatre production … etc.

Peter

Peter

Profile photo of Gijsbert
    Gijsbert
    Participant

hello,

i can’t recommend the touchsmart from HP. The computer itself is great but the screen is really reflective (if that is the right english word..). We tried to use it in a theatre but it’s really annoying to make sure you are in the right position to see what’s on the screen instead of the reflection of the front of house lights or something…. We use an acus EEE top with touchsreen now, less computer, better screen!

Gijsbert

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i have the msi (bit smaller lot cheaper ,but 7200 hdd speed)
    i combine it with the pl-6 for the “real quick access” things.

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.