Dante card: Dante testing is complete

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante card: Dante testing is complete

This topic contains 95 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi

Sorry that it has taken so long to get more information on the Dante card release. The release of the card is being held up by availability of the Dante ‘Brooklyn’ module, which we are using on our Dante card (it fits into a slot on our card). It doesn’t look like we will receive production quantities of this module until November at the earliest, so there will not be any A&H Dante cards around before then.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Oh bugger, I’ve got a festival in late November I was planning to do a full live to disc/DVD production on -here’s hoping it’s early November and not late :(

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

On the Audinate web site “Brooklyn” product page they say this: “•Fast time to market for OEMs”
    Aaaahhhhemmm….BS [:)]

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

This was the most disappointing news I had in the last 5 days.

So, now do I need to drop almost $3K for a madi recording system with I/O ability instead of getting it done under $1K with DANTE?
    This is not fair.

IDR32
    Motion computing LE1700
    Where is my DANTE & iMonitor?

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

A&H,

What is the suggested retail price for the card?

Wouter

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

in switzerland approx 1800us with one licence

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Reposne from enquiry to A&H re: cost of Dante card.

“We showed the card at last week’s PLASA show, and revealed that the UK suggested retail price will be £999 ex VAT, and we will be starting to to ship the modules by around November time.”

Hope that helps

Piehead

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Yikes that is about $1,600 us dollars

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

I have been testing this hearback converson for the last month. Works GreaT! I was using the M-Audio Lightppe which will give you 32 ADAT out. Nw im using the Presonus, which will do the same. I swtched the interfaces wth I client claiming to have technical issues with the Presonus……user error. But this solution is great for 32 channels. If you want to get technical, you could do 40 channels by adding another Hearback extender. But good luck trying to fnd a cheap adat interface that does 40 channels.

John

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Piehead

“… the UK suggested retail price will be £999 ex VAT…”

What a pity, £666 looks so much better :-)

Wouter

Biggsounds
    Participant

I’m sure we’d all like it to be cheaper, but consider how much people have been paying for the MADI card prior to this (and how much more do you have to spend to buy the interface)?

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Debbie
    Debbie
    Participant

Hi all,

I’d just like to confirm officially that the A&H iLive Dante card has a UK suggested retail price of £999.99 ex VAT and we hope to start shipping in November. We have some information on our webpage here:
    https://www.ilive-digital.com/audio_networking_options.html

Cheers,

Debbie Maxted
    Sales and Marketing Manager
    Allen & Heath Ltd

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

A&H,

Can you tell us what will be possible with the new Dante en Rocknet interface cards?

Just a few questions to start with:
    – Will the user be able to replace the inputs by the Dante inputs for virtual soundcheck?
    – Will the user be able to route a send to a Dante output and use a Dante input in the live mix (for the use of software FX).
    – Will it be possible to use a Dante input and output as an insert in a channel?
    – Will the user be able to send the mains out via Dante… or a combination of physical outputs and a digital copy via Dante for instance?

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Biggsounds
    Participant

Wouter, I like your thinking – all the above questions are fantastic & would cover most eventualities I’d imagine!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Wouter

The answer to all your questions is yes. These are all things that you can do with the MADI/ES cards already.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 96 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.