Dante card: Dante testing is complete

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante card: Dante testing is complete

This topic contains 95 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Burak,
    The client is using the Presonus interface. FireStudio Lightpipe.
    It comes with a pretty decent recording software.
    Whatever you do, don’t try to record to the system drive. Purchase an external drive. At least 7200RPM, or an SSD drive and record to it.

Richard,
    I’d say that the Dante card is more of a networking audio kind of implementation. If you are looking for a complete link between racks, ACE will be the best option.
    BTW.. you can link your console via ACE and still have a Dante card on your second rack, Port B.
    Now I’m just waiting for someone (A&H) to release a Dante to Aviom converter…..and I’ll be set.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yeah thanks Gil. The thing is that I want to achieve a 64 ch split monitor system with two surfaces and be able to multi track record. With my IDR48 and IDR16 connected in dual mixrack mode via an ACE card you can’t connect two surfaces. If the mixrack’s are connected together via two ace cards you can do a full foh/mon split with two surfaces but you then can’t multitrack record as both port B slots are used. I think however that if you connect the two IDR mixracks via Dante cards you should be able to route the IDR16’s mic inputs to the IDR48 for the FOH mix (via port B Dante), have a full two surface 64ch monitor split AND record with Dante virtual sound card.
    I think the down side is the FOH surface will not have control of the IDR16 mixrack’s headamps. They could be controlled by an editor session or from the monitor console though.
    Can anyone from A&H confirm that this is possible/correct?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

where is my dante card?

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I bought my iDR32 on Friday (straight after we had a demo with the Australian distributor – I set it up at the local university & had a bunch of techs come in and we were all falling over ourselves to play on it!)…I’ve got it now & am really just waiting on the Dante to go fully operational – the distributor here said that A&H are still not providing exact costings but he’s seen the pre-release of it and it looks like the best thing available (as he said, they’re going to find it VERY hard to sell the Ethersound cards!)… he also saw the pre-release of the iPhone app & said that he figured anyone using an iLive that didn’t already have an iPhone would buy one when they saw the app!
    Happy days…

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Once more for JustinSumrall :-)

Prosoundweb states in this article:
    https://www.prosoundweb.com/article/allen_38_heath_introduces_larger_ilive_mix_rack/

iLive Firmware and Editor software version 1.7 will be released alongside the release of the iDR-64, supporting the iDR-64 MixRack, as well as the new Dante and Rocknet audio networking cards, which join the ACE, EtherSound, MADI and MMO options currently available. The software will also provide support for an iPhone app.

Anthony Jackson just said that the release is foreseen in July.
    The A&H Dante card will be 64 channels bidirectional.

Same thoughts here,
    Wouter

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

quote:

I think the down side is the FOH surface will not have control of the IDR16 mixrack’s headamps. They could be controlled by an editor session or from the monitor console though.
    Can anyone from A&H confirm that this is possible/correct?

Hi Richard,

I’m not from A&H but you are correct. Control of the iDR16 would come from your second surface, or Editor.
    You can also try to upgrade to the iDR64. [:D]
    Dante cards on both racks will give you the split + recording. Don’t even have to get a giga switch, because of the extra ports on the cards.

If only the iDR racks had one more card slot…… i know.. I can dream.

cheers.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Biggsounds
    Participant

Word on the grapevine is as soon as next week for the 1.7 release… Dante to follow shortly

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi All

There seems to be some confusion between the V1.7 software release, and the Dante Option Card release. The V1.7 software will support the Dante card, and will be released in the next few weeks. The actual Dante Option Card hardware is in the prototype phase, and so will not be available at the time of the V1.7 software release. We will also want to carry out thorough testing of the card before it is released. We do not currently have a release date for the card, but I will try to keep you up to date.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

thanx for the information jeff!

greetings from hamburg

Biggsounds
    Participant

Audinate folk, if you’re reading this and need a beta tester close to home I’m happy to guinea pig for you ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

uh! me too!

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

I have been really talking up the Dante option for us too. We have sound from playback devices for background / pre-service, then feed to and from the video / CG area plus a requirement for other recording. plus other ins and outs around the building – cafe, overflow, balcony, …

I look forward to when it comes – we’ll almost definitely want a couple of slot B cards.

Yours expectantly,

Duncan

Biggsounds
    Participant

Hi Jeff, with all the excitement around 1.7 is it too soon to ask how the testing is proceeding with the Dante cards? Just trying to get some sort of timeframe for delivery (even roughly) as I’m starting to plan out the festival season…

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Release seems to be foreseen in september…

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Knoxford
    Knoxford
    Participant

Kind of new to the A&H gear. We have a T112 and iDR48. The iDR48 has a Multi-Mini already installed that we use for the Aviom. Slot-wise, ARE we out of luck when it comes to this new Dante product! If so, it would be way cool if there was a modular powered version that could be plugged in to Port B of ACE????? (not sure if that could even work.)

We are at 42 channels now so the so the ADAT won’t get us there with the 24 channels it offers and all 16 of the Aviom channels are in use.

Any options here?

Knoxford

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.