Auto EQ.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of havana
    havana
    Participant

Hi, Just wondering if it’s possible to auto eq monitors via aux sends, using an rta mic.

Of course you could manually set your graphic eq using the rta meters or adjust by ear.

I just thought an auto option would be great.[:)]

Thank you all.

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

why would you want to do such a thing?

I think there are more pressing updates to be sorted before this suggestion.

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I remember this feature from Varicurve days, now there is a bast from the past. Used it a few times I seem to remember. But not that many..

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

I don’t think any equipment I have ever used with an auto eq function has yielded useable results.
    Maybe a good marketing feature for low end equipment but imho not worth adding on pro gear.
    Darren

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I have to say the feature in the Varicurve did work within the parameters laid out for it. As long as you were specific in what you wanted it to achieve. Not it’s best feature though I will admit.
    A very transparent EQ I thought, and I liked the fact it was not a graphic. I would gladly give up all the graphics on the iLive outputs in favour of nice 8 or 10 band parametric EQ’s however I know that would not cheer up any monitor engineers though. Ah Nostalgia not what it used to be.[:(]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.