Running stereo channels to a Matrix buss

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Running stereo channels to a Matrix buss

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 14 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Got in a ilive demo unit today and started setting stuff up (it has 1.54 btw). I was wanting to send a few playback channels through a stereo matrix back to our stage mixer. I found the only way I could do it is run the channels through a group and then run the group to the matrix channel and not assign the group to the mains which works but is there a way to run a channel straight to a stereo matrix buss without going through a group?

The only bummer has been that I created shows with 1.6 on my pc and can’t load them on 1.54 all that work for nothing lol…still creating the shows I did from scratch with just the console was a good learning experience.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Nope – you have to use a group as matrix channels get their signals from busses – not from input channels. If it’s a simple stereo mix you could have just used a stereo group and sent that to a couple of outputs directly.
    Demo unit? – Just buy it! You won’t look back!

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

My understanding is that a matrix is a ‘mix’ of outputs, so you wouldn’t be able to send an input direct to a matrix – i believe that this is also the same in the analogue world too.

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Nope – you have to use a group as matrix channels get their signals from busses – not from input channels. If it’s a simple stereo mix you could have just used a stereo group and sent that to a couple of outputs directly.
    Demo unit? – Just buy it! You won’t look back!

Richard
    IDR48/T112

There are several inputs routed to the same output. I guess it is not a big deal I find myself hardly using groups for anything on this board now that I have VCAs.

If I was the only one making the decision and it was my money an outright purchase might have been made but, since this is our first foray into digital everyone wants to make sure we are taking the right steps we are walking a little slower.

Thank you,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.