editor version 6 report

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions editor version 6 report

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cdennewitz cdennewitz 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

here we go:
    1. xml writing seems to be a litle buggy when storing, i had a surface finished on my computer(computer and mixrack only) – stored it on usb – (started the system with surface-no computer)loaded the show from usb and some strips where gone or moved.

2. the combi soft key (mix select and pafl) does not work on comp and mixrack only but on the surface and mixrack.

i`ll keep updting this post to avoid a mess

first one:

the combi soft key (mix select and pafl)could be extended with a layer flip/change (how ever you wanna call it) EXAMPLE:

basic layout: 30 channels foh 1-30 30 dedicated moni 31-60
    1 and 31 input a 1 ,
    2 and 32 input a 2 and so on

layer a is front of house layer (in my case left middle right(144))
    layer b is my dedicated monitor channel layer including 8 aux sends.

now i am on layer a / c or d and need to go to monitor send 4 with softkey no4 he does allready the selections (mix select and pafl)
    but wouldnt it be great if he would change as well to the layer b (in my case)PLEAASE[:)]

second one:

the pl 6 unit misses the possibilities one has for the softknobs
    (like the combi mentioned above) that keeps me from buiing one,

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Dave

quote:

1. xml writing seems to be a litle buggy when storing, i had a surface finished on my computer(computer and mixrack only) – stored it on usb – (started the system with surface-no computer)loaded the show from usb and some strips where gone or moved.

did you make sure the virtual surface you setup was the same as your actual surface??

quote:

2. the combi soft key (mix select and pafl) does not work on comp and mixrack only but on the surface and mixrack.

I’m afraid this feature is only available with a PL device that is plugged into the surface, only iLive surfaces have PL-Anet sockets on the surface (Not T-Series surfaces)

Sam A&H

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Dave

quote:

did you make sure the virtual surface you setup was the same as your actual surface??

yes 100% shure

quote:

I’m afraid this feature is only available with a PL device that is plugged into the surface, only iLive surfaces have PL-Anet sockets on the surface (Not T-Series surfaces)

i have a i live 144 and the pl device has NOT the option to assign
    the mix/sel/ pafl in the menue ( probably forgotten[;)])

ok i got it now-it only works with the surface – sad…

anyway do you confirm that IF i have the PL 6 connected to the 144 i have a “extra” of 16 fully assignable sofknobs? that would be great.

and if i have my laptop and a PL 6 (without surface) can i assign the softknobs,(incl mix/pafl/sel)?

thanks i advance

[]

Sam A&H

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 /

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Dave

quote:

yes 100% shure

OK i will look into this.

quote:

anyway do you confirm that IF i have the PL 6 connected to the 144 i have a “extra” of 16 fully assignable sofknobs? that would be great.

Yes 16 extra assignable buttons and 8 assignable faders.

quote:

and if i have my laptop and a PL 6 (without surface) can i assign the softknobs,(incl mix/pafl/sel)?

No. You need to plug the PL-6 into your surface to have access to (incl mix/pafl/sel) soft controls

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

HARK! (a dissapointment expression of the chief of the BLUE MEANIES in yellow submarine)

the idea was (for small clubs where one is guest) to run the show with
    a laptop AND have a pl 6 for “quick access” purposes….[:(]

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 /

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I also agree that it is disappoining a PL6 cannot be used for mix/sel/pafl with a T series surface or laptop. Perhaps if these functions were implemented in the MIDI spec? Or – how about being able to assign key commands on a laptop keyboard to toggle select mix’s? For example keyboard numbers 1-9 = Mix’s 1-9. This would be good for quickly selecting different monitor mix’s with just the input window open in editor.

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

count me in on this one, i think i asked for shortcuts somewhere in the forum,
    ideal would be combifunktions:

select mix 1 and open/show the custom user strip of mix 1 including mix 1 selected,
    this would require to run editor in slave mode (set pl-6 as master).

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of cdennewitz
    cdennewitz
    Participant

Yes that would be very nice as I am doing a show with the T112, IDR 48, IDR 32, PL6, and a computer. The PL6 and computer are on stage for my coworkers to help with Monitors. I will be doing most of it from FOH, but this way they will be able to help out. They are mostly mic jockeying for me, as the show is a vaudville style show where it is one song after another and each one has new mics. Up to 49 inputs, and 10 monitor mixes and the first practice is this weekend so that could go up. I am putting the new desk to the test.

Chad

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.