Madi Card

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of grahamwhite grahamwhite 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peter
    peter
    Participant

Hi there,
    I just fitted on my ILIVE 144 (not T series) a RAB2 module, with adapter for ES card, and a MADI Card. But the madi card seems does not work in input (both LINK1 & LINK2). I have a RME MADI on my PC, and if I loop the PC card in and Out, my DAW read the output. So I’m sure that my RME MADI send something. Is seems that my MADI card on RAB2 does’nt receive the MADI signal from my PC. I tried to loop at the same way my MADI on ILIVE but I can not read itself. Of course I can record all channels on my PC from ILIVE.Any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot.
    Peter

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Peter

Sorry that you are having problems with this. Have you looked in the Audio Sync/Networks tab under Mixer Preferences in the ‘Mix Rack’ Setup screen? This will give you information as to whether your MADI card is managing to decode a MADI stream. It will also allow you to decide which link you are taking inpupts from (1 or 2) if you are not in redundant mode. If this screen seems to be all OK, you can try using the Quick Input Setup, to quickly route all MADI channels to DSP channels – hopefully you will see something coming up on a meter somewhere.

Another test you could do would be to plug the MADI card input into its own output, and route for example an Aux with the signal generator applied, to the MADI card – the signal should of course come in on the same input channel you sent it out of, once you have chosen that MADI channel in one of the input channel preamp pages.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of peter
    peter
    Participant

Thank you Jeff.I tried to set the madi card either in link1 and link2 separate and redundant. But It seems not work. The message on the screen are: Link1 signal green flag;link2 signal green flag. But Link1 lock,Link1 error symbol,Link2 lock,Link2 error symbol are red crossed.What’s the meaning???I tried to loop output with input with i.e. a cd player on IDR MIX channel 19 & 20, and read it from MADI 19 & 20 sets on an other strip . But I have not signal.May be it is damaged!!!
    Tomorrow I’ll try to follow your indication for a signal generator applied. If I’ll have not positive result, next week I’ll contact the local distributor for a spare. Thanks again

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Peter

Please also make sure that you are using the latest iLive firmware (V1.54), and check that you have the latest RME drivers and firmware. There are known issues with older versions of both the iLive firmware, and the RME firmware. Also, it’s always worth trying a different cable. Ideally a short one for debugging purposes.

To explain the MADI status indicators, ‘Signal’ means that some kind of digital signal has been detected on an input port. ‘Lock’ means that the card has locked onto a MADI stream. If ‘Lock’ is a green tick, ‘Error’ means that the MADI stream is corrupted somehow. If ‘Lock’ is not a green tick, the ‘Error’ indicator has no meaning.

Hope this helps

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of peter
    peter
    Participant

Hi Jeff
    It works finally. Was not problems of software, or firmware or something else. I just tried to unplug the card from RAB2 module, and carefully plug it again, and like a miracle it was going working, either in input and output. So I think was a ploblem about pins conctat, also I cared very much for insert. Thank you very much and I hope that experience can help everybody for all those will have same issues.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Peter

Glad you got it working. It is possible that one of the connector pins on your MADI card is bent. It is worth checking that they are all straight, in case the bent one moves slightly during transit, and causes another problem.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of peter
    peter
    Participant

Thank you jeff
    You are right.The problem is an hardware bad conctat. May be on RAB2 module or on MADI card itself. I tried to tighten screws for ending set up and suddendly the MADI connection stop working.So just open the screws a little bit an it returns to work. So I am in contact with local vendor for a spare or a tecnhical overview. However, for a while I tested the system and I find it very powerfull,especially for the virtual sound check way. This is a wonderful tool for sound engineers.Thanks a lot.

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by peter

I find it very powerfull,especially for the virtual sound check way. This is a wonderful tool for sound engineers.

Wait till you see the Madi card / Virtual Soundcheck video i did with A&H the other day[:D]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.