ilive T 112/48 configurations with new question

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions ilive T 112/48 configurations with new question

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 14 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

We are planning on having an Ilive T at FOH with an aviom system but, in the future it would be nice to have a second board in our production room that would take a digital split of the FOH system. Can this be done with the ilive T?

Profile photo of cdennewitz
    cdennewitz
    Participant

Yes it can be done, but from what I understand you need the ACE router and a second surface

Chad

kentlowt
    Participant

But if you use the ACE card in the B slot that keeps you from using the aviom card in the B slot, unless you are hooking up the ace router another way. If so could you explain how this could be hooked up?

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Thats right – you can`t use the Aviom Card and the ACE Card at the same time – thats one of the limitation of the T-Series – if you need this kind of configuration you will have to swith to the ILive (without T) Series.

If you are planning on making an second mix with the second surface you will have to put on an second Mixrack as well, since the Processing is in the Mixrack. Unless you want to share ressources.

And hooking up two Mixrack for digital split is not possible yet – should come with next Firmware Release i think.

Albin

kentlowt
    Participant

Thats what I thought. Thanks.

kentlowt
    Participant

Saying that we get an ilive t112/48 system with the M-MM0 card installed how can we get a minimum of 24 digital adat or other format output channels back to the FOH from the idr48 onstage? Is it possible and if so what equipment is needed.

I found a way to do it with 2 boxes from hear technology turning the adat ports to cat 5 then running cat 5 to the FOH and into the converter back to adat optical about $400 plus cable. Is there a better way?

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Link them with Madi Instead of ACE.

The Madi Ring has a redundant 64 channel I/O on BNC.

Run one of the 1-64 links to the other iLive-T in the recording/broadcast room.

Take the redundant 1-64 link and run it into a RME Madiface or Madi DSP card and record 64 tracks.

Or… You can run the link in redundant and take the additional port and have it Mirror Port 1-64 and have a split for recording.

any of those ways will work with either MADI or with ES, the only drawback to ES is its only PC compatible, the Madi is less money and PC/MAc compatible

kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by papromike

Link them with Madi Instead of ACE.

The Madi Ring has a redundant 64 channel I/O on BNC.

Run one of the 1-64 links to the other iLive-T in the recording/broadcast room.

Take the redundant 1-64 link and run it into a RME Madiface or Madi DSP card and record 64 tracks.

Or… You can run the link in redundant and take the additional port and have it Mirror Port 1-64 and have a split for recording.

any of those ways will work with either MADI or with ES, the only drawback to ES is its only PC compatible, the Madi is less money and PC/MAc compatible

of course put another ilive t in the broadcast room…in time we need to get our first one for FOH first :P Madi does look like the way to go though. Getting excited we will soon be demoing it. If everyone likes it then one will be ordered and I need to make sure I have all the right option cards and things for it.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kentlowt

of course put another ilive t in the broadcast room…in time we need to get our first one for FOH first :P Madi does look like the way to go though. Getting excited we will soon be demoing it. If everyone likes it then one will be ordered and I need to make sure I have all the right option cards and things for it.

Something that occurred to me when I was doing some skimming is that you might be able to use an iDR0 though I have read of some limitations in this. With the newer RAB-2 card you can use one module in the card to connect (ACE, Ether or Madi) to a main rack and use the M-MMO in the second slot. From what I read you get the use of the ADAT feeds and one of the iDr ports but not the second iDr port and the Aviom. I don’t know if this is a current software limitation or a hardware limitation. That would give you the adat outs plus the capability of 8 more digital outs via an iDR Dout. Should even be able to run the iDR0 via the editor if you wanted. I think the iDR Dout is around a grand but have no idea on the iD0 as to price. Maybe someone can chip in about this.

kentlowt
    Participant

The current hook up conundrum is: What if I want to run avioms or any of the available iem systems (on stage)and supply signal to our hd24 which can either be in the production room or FOH and then run a future (digital) feed to production where we could put a small idr with a few outputs and inputs since we sometimes need to feed signals into the sound system from there. I know the full ilive would be the proper solution but, it is cost prohibitive for us. So I am looking at which card for the B slot can give us the best options for obtaining our goals or getting us as close as we can get to them.

I also have considered using the pl series as an alternative to avioms but, there is so little I know about them I am not sure how well they would work.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kentlowt

The current hook up conundrum is: What if I want to run avioms or any of the available iem systems (on stage)and supply signal to our hd24 which can either be in the production room or FOH and then run a future (digital) feed to production where we could put a small idr with a few outputs and inputs since we sometimes need to feed signals into the sound system from there. I know the full ilive would be the proper solution but, it is cost prohibitive for us. So I am looking at which card for the B slot can give us the best options for obtaining our goals or getting us as close as we can get to them.

I also have considered using the pl series as an alternative to avioms but, there is so little I know about them I am not sure how well they would work.

Kent,

Check out Antony’s post that sheds a bit more light on the current limits. https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1068 So somewhere down the road you may be able to feed a slave rack via Port A Ace. That could open the door to say an iDR16 in the production room with the M-MMO-A card. That would give you 24 adat, 16 channels of digital or analog via the 2 iDR port outs and the Aviom feed which could just head back to the stage via CAT5 an be distributed with Aviom hub/s. You’d also have the extra (analog) 16 in’s and 8 out’s of the rack itself.

I believe I also need to correct what I said about an iDR port and the Aviom port not being available in the RAB-2 card. When I looked closer it appears that this is when the RAB-2 is used in an iLive surface. So it sounds like it’s fully functional in the RAB-2 in the iDR0 or iDR10. So at this point I “think” you could feed the iDR0 off your stage rack with two audio cards of your choice and use the M-MMO-A in the B slot and do what I mentioned above. That’s still gonna be 8000$ to 9000$ (with ACE cards) to do that. And of course using a computer to connect with the iDR in the production room and no local inputs available on the iDR0.

Again just an idea. Maybe too much money especially if this is for a Church. I know how that goes! [:)]

kentlowt
    Participant

Just knowing what we can do it is half of the battle. It may be something that never happens but if it does we want to make sure we have made the best current purchase to make as much of it happen as we can later on. The cost… well it is what it is what it is. We still have analog world so its not like we will be crippled if we can’t make it all happen.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.