ilive editor question

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions ilive editor question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alain alain 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alain
    alain
    Participant

Hi,
    First apologize me for my very bad english.
    Si quelqu’un parle francais ;)

Ok, I want buy idr 48 mixrack without surface and use computer for mix. For this time I downloaded editor and use this off-line, just for see what is the best way for working.
    I not understand how to create mute group or dca :(

Usually i’m working with yamaha digital desk and i use studio manager. I love the “main view” of selected channel. The same view do not exist on ilive editor?

Another question, how to save my configuration? For exemple i build fx rack but if i close/open editor the fx rack is empty.

Regard’s
    Alain

Profile photo of colinso
    colinso
    Participant

Hi Alain,
    To create a DCA group, you need to press the mix button at the bottom of the DCA channel strip you wish to use, then press the on/off buttons at the top of the channel strips you’d like to be part of this group. For Mute Groups the procedure is the same, but you need to turn a DCA into a mute group by right clicking on the DCA channel and selecting the mute group menu item.

To save your configuration you will need to archive a show from the show manager, and then restore it when you open editor in the future.

Hope that helps?

Colin A&H

Profile photo of alain
    alain
    Participant

Thank’s a lot Colin.
    The right click doesn’t work, but in dca channels menu options i found “show mute groupe buttons”
    After i select this options i think if i press “mg” buttons in dca channel strip and follow your instructions i’m create a mute group, correct?

I still have some work with ilive editor, to find how to make a virtual sound check for example, then I risk to return often on the forum.

Have a nice day,
    Alain

Profile photo of colinso
    colinso
    Participant

Yep this is correct =D.

Good luck with your virtual soundcheck!

Colin A&H

Profile photo of alain
    alain
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by colinso

Good luck with your virtual soundcheck!

I hope is not an impossible mission ?!
    But for this time i not found how to… Just patch b port (madi) 1 to 48 in “input-direct out” for recording and press “virtual sound check” button on ilive editor for playback?[:p]
    Oups, i don’t see this button[:(]

If anybody know the best way for create and use this function…

I was going to forget, i search how to view and use delay input channel.

Alain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.