AES from iLiveT

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions AES from iLiveT

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

If I understand this correctly you can’t use the digital card (for AES output) available for the idr10 in the T series racks B slot. So the only ways I see would be to use the M-MMO card and convert from adat to AES or use the idr out to feed a idr Dout that could be residing in the amp-rack. Am I understanding this correctly or is there an easier way?

Thanks!

Scott

P.S. What is a ballpark or list price for the M-MMO?

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

seem´s like!
    only digital option “onboard” is the spdif at the surface!
    otherwise there´s no aes/ebu card.

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

At some point A&H had to make the conscious decision to leave features off of the Tseries, at the end of the day they still have to sell the modular iLive racks and surfaces right?
    No point putting every feature on the cheaper systems and then shooting yourself in the foot trying to sell the big uns!

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by grahamwhite

At some point A&H had to make the conscious decision to leave features off of the Tseries, at the end of the day they still have to sell the modular iLive racks and surfaces right?
    No point putting every feature on the cheaper systems and then shooting yourself in the foot trying to sell the big uns!

Very true Graham. I’m not complaining, just wondered if I missed something. I did overlook the possibility of using the spdif and converting to AES (mentioned by selfmade) although this would be a little klutzy to do from FOH. The M-MMO card does give quite a few options to the T. You could record with the adat, have an Aviom system in use and still get 8 AES outs by using an iDr D-out. And the iDr bus uses CAT5 so that makes it easy to do. The only downside I can come up with might be some latency in going to the iDr bus and then back to AES at the iDr D-out.

Thanks!
    Scott

P.S. Found some latency info…https://www.idrseries.com/DL/Training/iDR_latency.pdf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.