RTA meter.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

Hello
    I have one question about RTA meter. Is possible to add freeze button when you send pink noise and measure it you can press freeze button and stop doing noise and EQ speakers and again 2-3 second pink noise freeze button ane again EQ. Like in Smaart heh :) Is possible do add this button or function in RTA section?

Best regard
    Mario

Sorry for my poor english.

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Cool idea, this is easier to do on the touch screen RTA only. Freezing the RTA meters on the surface is harder.

Is this what you are asking for ? freezing the RTA on the touch screen not the surface meters in Graphic EQ view ?

cheers
    robc
    A&H

Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

Yes freezing the RTA meters on touch screen is enough. This would help to EQ the system or monitors :)

THX
    cheers
    Mario from poland

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Is there not already a Peak Hold facility?
    Would this not be enough.
    Greetings all from Sunny Dubai,[8D][8D]

Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

Hey :)
    No peak hold facility is not enough because they flash so quick than making EQ the system is like playing the game “red dots” heh :) You know what i’m mean. Then you press freeze button you can view exactly that going in the system and stop making noise on the venue.

cheers
    Mario from Poland (-10°C) heh :)

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

I guess I haven’t looked into this much, but wouldn’t you just be seing the response of the pink noise out of the console and not the real response of the room? Or are you setting up a calibrated mic and PFLing that channel to see the response? I guess I’m just not understanding this one?

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of aqstyk
    aqstyk
    Participant

Yes i’m setting up a calibrated MIC, play pink noise on speakers and pres PFL on MIC channel and i see the room response :)

Mario from Poland

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

i think it´s a good idea to measure unknown monitors to a flat response (a good starting point for equalizing)
    this microphone must be within critical distance, than you will get a useful result.

in the moment i will do this with a Acoustilizer, this tool can freeze his diplay too… but don´t stop the noise! [8D]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.