REQUEST: Possibility to write-protect a scene

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions REQUEST: Possibility to write-protect a scene

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCC GCC 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mamel
    mamel
    Participant

Hello,
    I read the reference guide V1.4 but did not find anything:
    Is it possible to mark a scene as “WRITE PROTECTED”? This would be very helpful in fixed installations to prevent important scenes to be accidentially overwritten.

Will it be possible to implement such a feature?

Regards,
    Manuel

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

Manuel,

have a look at User Profiles / User Permissions…

Greetings,
    Walter

Profile photo of mamel
    mamel
    Participant

Hello Walter,
    that’s not exactly what I’m looking for. The user should be able to store and recall scenes. But I want to prevent one Scene as the “Initial Scene” to be safe from beeing overwritten. This scene holds all the routing stuff, EQs and so on for the house system…

Regards,
    Manuel

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Mamal

Thanks for your input i will add this to the feature request list to be looked at for a future release of iLive firmware :)

Best Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of GCC
    GCC
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mamel

Hello Walter,
    that’s not exactly what I’m looking for. The user should be able to store and recall scenes. But I want to prevent one Scene as the “Initial Scene” to be safe from beeing overwritten. This scene holds all the routing stuff, EQs and so on for the house system…

Regards,
    Manuel

I don’t know if this answers your question. When we first got our iLive mixer, the Enginneer did a good job with the initial configuration, so we saved the ‘Scene’ in 1st saved slot. We saved this ‘scene’ into a particular ‘Show”. We saved this ‘Show + Scene’ into a USB Flash-Drive. Go to ‘Permissions’ and configure what ‘Other Users’ can have access to yr iLive. Hence, they can use other ‘Shows’ and ‘scenes’ you give to them – and not the ‘important’ Shows & Scenes you have stored. No one can touch those, cos the ‘Permissions’ wo’t let them. Hope this is clear to you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.