Shock-proof flightcase or not? UPS or not?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Shock-proof flightcase or not? UPS or not?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 14 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I was wondering to which the degree I would need to invest in shock-proof flightcases and UPS units.

What kind of treatment can a mixrack handle without endangering the unit? I mean, can I trust the mixrack to survive being in a case that’s rolled in on wheels, crossing some doorsteps and some wobbly surfaces or would I better immediately invest in a shockproof flightcase?
    The mixrack always turns up in a shockproof case in the ads, on the other hand, our local importer has its demo model (an IDR-48) in a standard case-on-wheels.

What with UPS’s. Only needed for highly critical shows?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Wouter

PS in my case talking about an IDR-32/laptop setup.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Wouter,

I would definitely get an UPS when using a surface. It’s a live saver.
    We had a show where the lampies took out the differential. My rack and surface kept on going. Using the rack with laptop is less critical because the rack starts passing audio real fast after power up but the surface takes a couple of minutes to start. Both my rack and surface are on the same UPS. process boards don’t like brownouts so an ups is an extra security.

regards
    Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

…the rack starts passing audio real fast after power up but the surface takes a couple of minutes to start…

Thanks, that’s valuable info.
    Btw, saw your rack last week at ASC. Looks nice indeed!

Wouter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.