ACE Status indicator

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions ACE Status indicator

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I have a 60m ethernet cable that when plugged in the status indicator dances between orange and red.

Can someone please advise the definition of the orange and red colours. I don’t often use 60m but would be interested in the implications on ACE of dropped packets if that is what is occuring.

Will I only notice audio dropouts with high channel counts or is it potentially an issue even on low channel counts.

Regards
    Toby

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Millst,

I had the same thing. There is an answer in the topic named network status. I do believe that it has something to do with the ethernet cable and plugs. When i use a different cable type i had zero packet loss. I never had any audio dropouts but i rather have no orange or led lights.

regards
    Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Millst

if the traffic lights go to orange or red it means that you have had some packet loss within your ACE network.

quote:

Will I only notice audio dropouts with high channel counts or is it potentially an issue even on low channel counts.

Channel count either high or low will not effect the QOS traffic lights on the status page. The traffic lights respond to data packet loss on the ACE network.

Here is a link to the thread Lieven mentioned in his post:
    https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=894

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.