IDR48 and Recording

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions IDR48 and Recording

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mamel mamel 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stuart-McKay
    Stuart-McKay
    Participant

Hi everyone

I am about to buy a T112 and IDR48 and just wanted to check out my recording options. It looks like (from the website) that you can use the M-MADI card with the IDR48 and I was wondering what options I had for the other end. I am currently using Cubase SX but would ideally like to change to pro tools. I have a few different PC laptops kicking around that I could use to get up and running so a usb MADI soundcard would be cool. Any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Stuart McKay
    JHS Pro Audio Sales Manager
    07917 194270
    stuart.mckay@jhs.co.uk

Profile photo of mamel
    mamel
    Participant

Hi Stuart,
    we are using a RME HDSPe MADIFACE. It has a ExprexxCrad/34 connector for Notebooks. There is also a HDSP MADI card for desktop computers with a PCI express interface. I’m not shure if there is a USB solution because MADI has a high data rate and needs a stable and accurate clock signal. More about RME: http://www.rme-audio.com

Protools as IMHO no MADI interface. But there are 3rd party solutions – MADI to protools converter (Solid State Logic) for example.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.