PSU

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Allen & Heath Product Support Allen & Heath Product Support 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

HI

What’s up with the new upgrade kit PSU unit for the IDR32 and IDR48. (see knowledge base)
    Is it a new PSU design with new specs or only the additional connector for an external backup PSU?

Kind regards

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Hi Lieven,

The PSU upgrade kit isn’t actually a PSU – it is our internal reference for a kit of parts that can be fitted to give a socket on the rear panel for hook up to the iPS10 external PSU. New units are now fitted with this socket as standard. If anyone wants it on an older unit, it has to be ordered through your supplier and fitted by an A&H authorised service centre. The kit comprises new metalwork, socket and associated cabling
    Price for the kit, fitting labour and an iPS10 is available through your supplier. As it is not an off-the-shelf kit, the supplier will have to get a price from the country distributor who in turn will contact us.

support@allen-heath.com

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification

Regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Hi,

I just got a quote for the external IDR32/48 Powwer supply backplate upgrade : 500,00 euro without takses. Isn’t that a bit over the top for : a metal backplate + connector + wiring. especialy when the external powersupply is the same money.[:I]( there has been a mistake, the price for the exteral powersupply was not quoted right by my dealer. It is far more than the upgrade)

by the way my idr48 powersupply died last week.[:(!] but it’s still under warranty.Already send it to the dealer. And i got a spare

kind regards

T112/IDR48

Hi Lieven,

For clarification; as well as the metalwork (a new rear/base section of the iDR32/48 chassis) and additional sockets, the iLive T-Series PSU upgrade kit also includes a completely new power supply (with updated circuitry for switching to the ‘redundant’ IPS-10 when connected), fan (inc. motor & housing components) and additional harnessing etc. required to fit the upgrade to an existing unit.
    The kit also ships in the same packaging as a new iDR32/48 unit to ensure there’s no transit damage.

As such, we feel the cost for this upgrade is quite reasonable and although pricing is decided by the distributor for your region, so may vary from one country to another, we also believe our distributors offer very competitive rates to their customers wishing to upgrade, update or expansion iLive systems.

I hope this helps.

support@allen-heath.com

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

to support A&H,

my comment was merely because in the previous answer to my first question it was stated that the upgrade did not included a new powersupply. Now it is clear that there is an updated powersupply involved, so that justifies the price.[;)]

I still am confidend in the Ilive range and find it a great versatile product

kind regards
    Lieven

T112/IDR48

Hi Hi Lieven,

We understand. This is why we wished to clarify the details for you, as well as for other users who may be thinking of upgrading.

Best Regards
    A&H Support

support@allen-heath.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.