Mixrack port A to another mixrack?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mixrack port A to another mixrack?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

Does anybody know of a way to get access to all 64 channels on ACE port A on an iDR48? I’d like to be able to use it to do a monitor split with an iDR32. I have an ethersound card in port B of both consoles that is used for a split as well as for communicating with a couple of other consoles in our building. I’d like to be able to free up some channels and simplify the network by moving our monitor console off of the ethersound network and onto a separate ACE network on port A. I don’t really make use of the I/O on the surface because the mixrack is at FOH.

I imagine you could connect the ACE on the mixracks and then assign things to the non-existent surface ins and outs. Anybody tried this? Even doing this you still wouldn’t have access to all the channels or really even enought to do a monitor split.

Anybody figured out a way to do this or any chance access to those channels will become available in a future firmware update?

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Msmelser

I am afraid the application you wish to carryout with ACE is not supported in current firmware.
    This application is possible but not recommended with the larger iLive systems (e.g. iLive112 – iDR10) as you have access to all of the channels being sent to and from the surface depending on you surface card configuration.

Hope this Helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

Any chance it will become possible in a future update? It’s a shame to have all those channels sitting there that can’t be accessed.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Msmelser

Thanks for your thoughts. We are planning to expand the functionality of RAB2 PortA PortB options in future firmware.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.