Belden 1305a Catsnake not supported for ACE?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Belden 1305a Catsnake not supported for ACE?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yann Yann 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mjpruzin
    mjpruzin
    Participant

In the topic of road cases it was mentioned that Catsnake Belden 1305a is not suitable for ACE. Needless to say I am a little disappointed that Belden 1305a is no longer considered suitable as I purchased a spool of it a few months ago. I did just run a show successfully with a 200 ft run of it linking Port B of an IDR32 and IDR10 with ACE cards. Why is it no longer supported?

Thanks,
    Jason

M. Jason Pruzin
    Sound Designer/Engineer
    Arkansas Repertory Theatre

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

A&H, You better update the ‘understanding ACE’ on the website. The document still shows the belden 1305 as usable up to 120m. You don’t wont people buying cable that isn’t supported ( like I did, 60m ).

Regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Dear Jason / Lieven

I’m afraid there was some miscommunication between R&D and Tech Support departments; leading to incorrect wording on the knowledge base for ACE cabling.

Belden Catsnake 1305a will work with ACE up to 120m as originally stated.

A decision was made to remove this cable type from the supported cables list due to stricter EMC (EMI) regulations within the EU
    since, in some applications, Belden Catsnake 1305a, may not meet the more stringent EMC (EMI) EU requirements.

If you require further information on this, please contact the Tech Support department directly at:
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com

Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

[^]Hello for information…
    I’m using Belden 1305A with both Ilive and Iive T from the beginning and I never got any problem. Ussually I use 80 M long cables.
    best regards
    Yann

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.