road case

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mikey Mikey 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mikey
    Mikey
    Participant

So, I’m looking for some info on cases. Our church is looking at purchasing a t112 and idr48 this coming budget year. We got a quote from our dealer and got a quote on an R&R case for the surface.

We have a space issue and the R&R case just isn’t going to fit. We’ll talk with them about some modifications to see if we can make it fit, but I’m open to input from you folks.
    What cases do you have?
    What type of design are they?
    What are the dims?

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

hi mikey,

i´m from germany, so i´ve got no suggestion for a case-producer for you,
    but i can tell you my case-solution.

i´ve a case for the surface with cablebox at the behind. there i´ve build in a patchbay for the jack in- and outputs to XLR.

the mixrack case is a customised 19″ rack. it has shockmounted rack fittings with 9RU. i build in a powerconditioner that´s provide high powershocks. at the behind of the rack i placed a little WLAN-router, that always connected with the mixrack, so i can use the editorsoftware wireless. the whole mixrack case is covered with an second case, a kind of overall case, i hope you know what i mean.
    i can take out the 19″ rack and stand it on top of the overall case, so it´s quite comfortable to handle on stage and it is most safe for the transport in the overall case.

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

I don’t know where you are, but here a couple things to check out.

https://www.spider-engineering.co.uk/music/listproducts.asp?modelid=4924

tnd then this thread

https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=845

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of Mikey
    Mikey
    Participant

Here are some pics of the proposed case. Space is at a premium, so I’m thinking of losing the excess depth of the keyboard tray, dropping the doghouse, and seeing what that gets me. Should I worry about getting rid of the doghouse? Is it providing more stability than I think?

100_0428.jpg
    100_0428.jpg
    100_0428.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.