Anyone running two editor sessions at once?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Anyone running two editor sessions at once?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

Just as the subject says.

I was wondering if it is possible or if anyone is running two sessions of the editor (on different PC’s) with a surface all at the same time and if there are/would be any problems in doing this.

I realize they would need to have different IP addresses for each editor machine.

I was thinking of having an editor at the surface to use when training (as well as other things) and the other at the stage for use when no one is at the surface during set-ups or to make monitor adjustments without calling out to the operator at the surface.

Kris

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Kris

Yes it is possible to run 2 computers running Editor to an iLive system.

it is advised if you run multiple sessions of editor connected to an system that the computers at least match our recommended specification as this will effect how fast the system will run.
    below is a link to the spec document

https://www.allen-heath.co.uk/dl/iLive%20Series/Software/Firmware/1.80/Readme%201.80%20Editor.pdf

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Jas@MCF
    Jas@MCF
    Participant

Hi Kris

I have done this

During some training we had 3 MacBooks and 1 PC laptop all connected to an iLive80 and all went without a problem

Jason

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I will be hooking in another computer then.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

We do a lot of Gigs in Pubs in Winter – and there i only use my IDR32 – connect an Router and control the sound with my Tablet PC – but always have an back up laptop – connected via lan runnung a second editor – so i could connect via remote desktop if the editor on the tablet crashes.
    Works without any problems so far.

Albin

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

Never had any problems running several editor sessions, together with Tweak and MixPad.

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

some things to keep in mind in doing a multiple pc/mac editor session……

When used for both foh and mon applications, I had instances when modifying scenes in the monitor editor would slow/momentarily freeze the response from the foh surface, which could be at a critical moment……to alleviate this I have selected (upon consult with A&H) to connect the mon editors to the mixrack only and the foh editor to the surface and mixrack although the A&H manual clearly suggests this should not be done……..some careful management of resources and basic discipline is also essential. Scene saves are another area of concern when using multiple editors for different “mixes” i.e. foh vs mon…..it’s important to understand the scene management scheme for both operators in order to minimize interaction between the two applications………. YMMV

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.