How to split physical Input on 2 Channel Strips

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions How to split physical Input on 2 Channel Strips

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 14 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mamel
    mamel
    Participant

Hello,
    I wonder if there is a possibility to have one physical Input channel on two channel strips. These two channel strips should be INDEPENDENT. I’d like to split the lead vocals to have different EQ, compression and inserted effects on each.

Does anyone have an idea?

Manuel

Profile photo of martijnvanthiel
    martijnvanthiel
    Participant

I think you need to use the vintage “Y” split. Splitting on mixrack causes shared gain/trim usage. If not please let me know…

iLove T112

Profile photo of said-g
    said-g
    Participant

of course you can do that…
    just go to the strip you want to be the splitted one, select it SEL, touch the Preamp and then just change the input to the same as the channel you want to split..
    For example, if you want to split channel 1, which is A 1, go to any other channel strip, and change it to A 1 and you will have a splitted channel without the Y cable…

Hope that i helped..

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I believe you can do this a maximum of 5 times, so 1 input can feed 5 separate strips.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi All

Just to clarify the facts, their is no limit to the amount of input channels sourced from 1 IP socket, you could have all 64 channels coming from the same socket if you wanted. [:)]

When using multiple input channels from the same socket Analogue gain is shared but not digital trim.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of mamel
    mamel
    Participant

I tried to share one physical input. Strip A is the “gain setting” strip. When I activate TRIM ON SURFACE on the second Strip which should be the “follower strip” both strips change to TRIM.

I’m using 1.53.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Mamal

where are you activating TRIM ON SURFACE?

if you change this within the Pre-amp window it should only affect the channel you have selected.
    If you made this shange from mixrack setup – Mixer Preferences – preferences – it will affect all input channels on the desk.

Best Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.